sharetrader
Page 101 of 970 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 9698

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Watch the Bolinger bands and wait for a hammer reversal to show. Getting mighty tempting in my books...
    Getting very tempted too. Must stay disciplined though... I'm sure you will

I topped up again today. The two times I've brought during some week long aggressive rises it has fallen hard and ended up costing me. I seem to do my best buys while catching the knife.

My only concern especially for how the NZX seems to go sometimes is that insiders might know the result isn't as good as it is expected to be. I highly doubt this but i'm always cautious.

Banned

It is all fathomable though, short term traders sometimes create great opportunities solely for intangible technical reasons.

Look at it as a gift, 9.8% off recent high's, undervalued, accelerating growth, 12 days to reporting.

I just want to say - thank you all.

Couta1, Met has dropped with Sum. Both are off their recent share price increases.

Err i'm already overweight in Sum.. Looks like i'm moving into heavy weight category

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Couta1, Met has dropped with Sum. Both are off their recent share price increases.

Err i'm already overweight in Sum.. Looks like i'm moving into heavy weight category
    I was thinking of just over the last couple of days but your correct as they have both dropped around 50c from their highs,it will be good to have company in the heavy weight category or maybe I'm already in the Obese category with Sum

Banned

I think Roger would remind us all that we are sailing on a very capable and seaworthy yacht at full mast and we have just run into some rough waters which will slow our journey down a bit but will have no bearing on us arriving safely at our final destination

probably anything under a 3.30 is now a buy. Edit to clarify - i'm not sure if this one was already known/priced in by punters? Has this NP one already been announced in some form/plans for it etc?

Summerset Gets Green Light for $55M Village in New Plymouth

9:15am, 14 Feb 2014 | ASSET

NZX, ASX & MEDIA RELEASE

Friday 14th February 2014
    SUMMERSET GETS GREEN LIGHT FOR NZ$55 MILLION VILLAGE IN NEW PLYMOUTH
    Summerset has been granted resource consent to build a NZ$55 million retirement village at its site on Carrington Road, New Plymouth.
    The 4ha village will be Summerset’s first village in the Taranaki region. The village has a rural outlook towards Mt Taranaki. This picturesque flat site is located for excellent sun.
    Summerset CEO Norah Barlow said, “Summerset Mountain View will have a unique feel to it. There’s few other locations in the country with a view that’s as instantly recognisable. It’s only a 10 minute drive from town and five minutes from beautiful Pukekura Park.”
    The company intends to build around 150 homes on the 4ha site. The village will have townhouses and villas for independent living, and care apartments and care rooms for those with more advanced needs. Care integrated into a village in this way provides residents with certainty that should they require more care as their needs change, it is provided on site.
    The heart of any Summerset village is the village centre, which will house a range of recreational facilities as well as the care centre offering rest home and hospital-level care.
    New Plymouth’s village centre will include a cafe, an indoor spa and swimming pool, exercise room, hair salon and residents’ bar. Outdoor facilities could include an all-weather bowling green, blokes’ shed, communal vegetable garden and BBQ area.
    Summerset announced its purchase of the land in August 2013.
    ENDS
    For investor relations enquiries:
    Julian Cook
    Chief Financial Officer
    julian.cook@summerset.co.nz
    04 894 7310 or 029 894 7310
    For media enquiries:
    Kimberley Rothwell
    Communications Advisor
    kimberley.rothwell@summerset.co.nz
    04 894 6993 or 027 601 2001

Banned

And then as soon as I say that this happens!

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3548829

Could be a catalyst for uptrend to resume. Watch closely...
    Affirmative Moosie,will be up on opening,Rym looks like it may have another down day
    Last edited by couta1; 14-02-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I think Roger would remind us all that we are sailing on a very capable and seaworthy yacht at full mast and we have just run into some rough waters which will slow our journey down a bit but will have no bearing on us arriving safely at our final destination
    Gidday ship mates Its certainly been more choppy than I expected, most of you like me would have thought we were looking at a great summer's cruise when it went north of $3.70 and would have expected a better price in the lead up to the annual result due in ten days.
    The current SP is sitting right on the bottom of the long term uptrend band, right on the 100 day moving average and a great buying opportunity if you have the courage. Sticking with the boating analogy seeing as I had one, I'm feeling slightly sea sick but I know we're on a good solid boat so I'll ride out the choppy waters knowing with one hundred percent confidence there will be smoother sailing ahead. Nothing has changed, the dynamics of the age care industry are extremly favourable, (tail winds, spinnaker set), SUM is focused in N.Z. which is a very, very good thing. Ryman will face an extremly difficult challange in southern states in Australia, the prognosis with the exit of all Australian car manufacturing and all supporting component suppliers by 2017 together wityh the downstream effect of that on the Australian economy in general and all other small business owners in the surrounding areas will be a profound sea change event in Australia. None of this is concern for SUM shareholders, other than the back wash effect of what could happen to RYM's price.
    Happier times lie ahead for SUM shareholders. Consistent strong growth inevitably ends up in a ever increasing share price over time.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-02-2014 at 09:19 AM.

I wouldnt jump the gun too fast though. let it trade for a bit and watch VWAP to see where it goes. Sellers are good at keeping the sp capped on SUM...
    yes, only small orders going thru presently