sharetrader
Page 102 of 970 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 9700
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stef View Post
    yes, only small orders going thru presently
    Latest news very timely,up is up stef,go over and have a look at Rymans if you have depth screen available

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    And then as soon as I say that this happens!

https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3548829

Could be a catalyst for uptrend to resume. Watch closely...
    Hopefully it marks a diversion within the sector also, there’s a lot of growth potential within SUM to go.

I just find it bizarre when media journalists report on the retirement sector like it is in some peculiar way a single animal, equally bizarre when we see sector correlations as we did yesterday.

Is it not a sector of stocks each with their own economic fundamentals and outlooks ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Is it not a sector of stocks each with their own economic fundamentals and outlooks ?
    I think the sector has shared economic fundamentals and outlooks but each individual entity has their own financial fundamentals and opportunities. We could argue details on this but overall, they are in the same sector so share some attributes, but individual companies so also have their own attributes.

A classic example of this is AIR - the Airline sector is nortoriously bad but AIR is currently enjoying a good run. In my view the sector will ultimately win so thats why I am more positive about those in the retirement sector, though have different opinions on each.

Banned

Hopefully it marks a diversion within the sector also, there’s a lot of growth potential within SUM to go.

I just find it bizarre when media journalists report on the retirement sector like it is in some peculiar way a single animal, equally bizarre when we see sector correlations as we did yesterday.

Exactly Mac you have just hit the nail on the head and as I have alluded to in the past they are not all equal in terms of the quality of care offered either,don't be fooled by past success of a company when it comes to this area,with too much focus on profit at the expense of care things can change,I've put my money in Sum so you can read between the lines here

Banned

Exactly Mac you have just hit the nail on the head and as I have alluded to in the past they are not all equal in terms of the quality of care offered either,don't be fooled by past success of a company when it comes to this area,with too much focus on profit at the expense of care things can change,I've put my money in Sum so you can read between the lines here

Lots of small sellers selling down into the weak uptrend... Guess we shall wait and see how the real SP movement plays out with announcements in 10 days time...

Banned

Aside from SUM being undervalued at present, those valuations are the net present value of forward cashflows from residents seeking access to aged care and elderly communal living benefits.

A dip in the property market may for some make a suburban unit look attractive, but then those individuals don't necessarily need aged care right away.

Most prospective residents of SUM are looking to buy the aged care facilities and the communal lifestyle more than the property itself, or they are buying with a view to needing the aged care if so required in the next couple of years of life if suddenly required. Life can be uncertain in the later years and a little more conservative certainty is where the value is, not in the property it sits on.

Agree that a property dip would lower book values, and it would create an opportunity for land banking, but the valuation of aged care cashflows is insulated considerably more than the outside real estate market.
    Last edited by MAC; 14-02-2014 at 11:29 AM.

Must confess that I got in at 3.34. My decision, but at this stage would you hold out for the annual results, or exit and get back in closer to the announcement.... looks like downtrend still in play....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by notooshabby View Post
    Must confess that I got in at 3.34. My decision, but at this stage would you hold out for the annual results, or exit and get back in closer to the announcement.... looks like downtrend still in play....
    Stick with it why worry about 10c or so if your in it for the long haul,the above thinking has left me high and dry on a few occasions when it comes to this kind of stock,exit and you might regret it

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Just as I expected, nice little bull trap formed this norning as the small guys flocked in and the big guys unloaded. Hope no one pulled the trigger this morning higher than $3.30. Looking for a $3.2x here soon...
    True but still holding its own,Rym down and staying down,perfect timing that news or we may have been at $3.20 now