sharetrader
Page 13 of 970 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    That Consumer article is excellent. Poor of Ryman to have their newest village with an incident like that.
    Yes - there was also an incident with Ryman last year involving a staff member stealing jewellery, who was caught and prosecuted.
    Thanks Sparky, I appreciate your comment to my post - I have followed you since you joined, and enjoy your posts.

Not necessarily poor of RYM to have an incident of theft in a new village, stealing from clients happens too often in rest homes, and not only by staff.

For anyone with parents in a retirement village/home: I recent foiled a burglary attempt next door (post 141), whereby a woman who used the grounds as a shortcut got chatting with a resident some months ago, and apparently he gave her some money (he's a bit gullible). The day I saw a problem the woman had returned with a friend, and I looked out in time to see the two of them going inside the unit and rang the home. The staff acted very quickly, and the two females were caught and sorted out by the Police. This sort of thing must happen in retirement villages, but it would often be under anyone's radar, except perhaps if family visited regularly and a conversation rung alarm bells.

As per post #141, VIGILANCE has to be number one. Having cared for an elderly family member and seen and dealt with some terrible events, I can speak from experience.
    Last edited by karen1; 03-02-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Tell me about it. Dementia is a truly awful disease. My father (still alive at 70) has been through a number of mild-moderate strokes and those invisible TIAs. He has moderate dementia, and while his memory is ok, his judgment and ability to be rational is sorely affected. He is now in a Metlife village, where his care is excellent the nurses ensure he is properly medicated, meaning his health has at least been stable for the last two years.

Thanks for your kind words as well! I enjoy being a part of the Sharetrader community, we learn a lot from each other.
    SUM GONE GANGBUSTER again pushing to new territory I wonder what is the next stopper.

Add still it continues. Must be looking at good results at the end of the month.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Looks like a minor setback. If the company is to be believed, this shouldn't affect forecasts for growth. A good buying opportunity when the SP settles after this long run from the company.
    But obviously pushes some of that growth out.

Would be interesting to know why they turned it down given Hobsonville is an area zoned for expansion (not sure where teh exact site is). Is it just a small rejig or a complete rethink.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Banned

Maybe if it was abrothel.. then ACC would have allowed it. useless pen pushes.

The share price could possibly be staying up due to anticipation of a good full year result on Monday. I'm looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Can't see why it wouldn't be good. Someone picked up shares at a 4% discount today on that deal, lucky.
    Wait for the post result announcement by Quadrant, that they are selling down their stake from 53% to 19.99% or zero.

That deal will likely got through 10%+ below last price.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Advanced Member

Looks like nothing but good news in that result

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Looks like nothing but good news in that result
    A very good result,and a nice dividend.
    Dividend payable 20th March.record date 8th March.
    Last edited by percy; 25-02-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverlight View Post
    Wait for the post result announcement by Quadrant, that they are selling down their stake from 53% to 19.99% or zero.

That deal will likely got through 10%+ below last price.
    Quadrant indeed reduced their holding. More on the pipeline ??