sharetrader
Page 25 of 970 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125525 ... LastLast

There certainly seems to be a focus on this industry in the media at the moment, along with all the hype about our aging population and pension concerns. Add that to the commentary about the next decade being the golden age for these companies. Seems like a good recipe for the SP to grow on...

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Agreed, to a certain extent IMO they all (RYM SUM & MET) seem to track each other quite closely, which makes sense seeing as they are all in the same business. However, since I entred into this sector (only 4 months ago) I have been quite suprised at how closely they track each other, especially in the short term based on various updates; Broker re-ratings being the big one recently (3 seperate occasions now in the last couple of months).

I guess this is all reflective of the demographic trends these companies benifit from and as per recent discussions on the RYM thread, probably reflective of gains oin the housing sector too.

Note MET is actually the biggest recent gainer up about 12.5% in the last week or so.

There was also some positive news that came through via the GOVT that they will be setting aside more money in the upcoming budget for aged and dementia care.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    I hadn't caught up with that, have you got any links to more detailed info on that? Cheers.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ng-to-increase

There you are good sir.

I doubled my SUM holding at $2.97 as I got sick of looking for an entry point to RYM.

I suspect with RYM at $6 I would be looking at shifting some of my holding to SUM or MET, but don't take that as advice as I'm notoriously bad at putting 'stop-profits' in place.

I added to my position in this stock yesterday at $3.07 after reading the very positive comments made by the Exec's at the AGM. In my view its almost certain the stock price will double in my initial time horizon of five years, probably quite a bit earlier than that.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Somebody has put in a sell order at $200. Are one of you guys taking the piss?

"American scientists have homed in on the part of the brain that controls ageing, managing to keep mice alive and active for up to 100 days past their normal lifespan."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/86233...fespan-control

Good news for this sector.

Capital outlay on properties for aging mice will be pretty minimal as well .

I had a dream we hit $3.50 by next week.... but I also dreamt I was going out with Kim Kardashian .... I dont know what this means im so confused I can feel my legs...

Good for the punters ..bad for the sector. Move em in slow...carry them out quickly is the fundamental premise of retirement investments. PS no seniors were harmed in the writing of this post. I'm one myself...damn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    "American scientists have homed in on the part of the brain that controls ageing, managing to keep mice alive and active for up to 100 days past their normal lifespan."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/86233...fespan-control

Good news for this sector.

Capital outlay on properties for aging mice will be pretty minimal as well .

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Conservative with a small 'C'

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    ...Where do you guys see full value?
    $2.835.

Is that 30% per annum you are predicting there?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum