sharetrader
Page 274 of 970 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374774 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    A good accountant never turns down a free beer Actually its been quite a while since we had an Auckland ST meeting. Maybe late January / early February when everyone's is back from holiday, any interest folks ?
    sounds like a plan
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Excellent plan, count me in Roger.

Banned

Resource consent granted for Wigram site but no dementia unit once again so all those people that develop dementia have to be moved out of the village meanwhile Ryman now add them as a matter of course, come on Sum up your game and watch your main competitor and learn from them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NG View Post
    Mate, learn to read between the lines. They are aware of the option to add dementia but obviously don't see a business case for it!!!
    NG mate unfortunately they have got their heads in the sand on this issue and ive been on their case about it before and will do so again. The early Ryman villages of which i work in a couple are constantly sending dementia cases elsewhere and i also work at some of the elsewhere places they end up so see those same people again.
    Last edited by couta1; 03-12-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Well, if they are already aware of it and you've also told them and they STILL choose not to, says it all IMHO. No offence mate!
    Unfortunately just stubbornness to change their business model.Why put yourself at a commercial disadvantage when you don't have to, the people in these units have no effect on the rest of the village in a negative way as they are stand alone lockup units.
    Last edited by couta1; 03-12-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by NewGuy View Post
    Well, if they are already aware of it and you've also told them and they STILL choose not to, says it all IMHO. No offence mate!
    Does make you wonder why Ryman has come to a different conclusion though does it not NG ?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Resource consent granted for Wigram site but no dementia unit once again so all those people that develop dementia have to be moved out of the village meanwhile Ryman now add them as a matter of course, come on Sum up your game and watch your main competitor and learn from them.
    Metlifecare also now marketing fixed fee for life but Julian and Norah know best eh
    SUM one of the very worst market performers for 2014 and NB still has 500,000 shares in her Family Trust, this and the recent securities trading policy change makes me smile that there is some justice in this world, less than i'd like but some justice is better than none. Give up mate, they have NO clues.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Does make you wonder why Ryman has come to a different conclusion though does it not NG ?
    Exactly iceman and Ryman have seen the advantage of offering the total package for reasons I highlighted above plus those of us in the industry know that dementia is growing at a faster rate than ever before.

Banned

Actually and as my final post for the day some of you may be interested to know that due to the rise of dementia in all villages with apartment/serviced apartment living there are a good number of dementia sufferers present at any one time mixed in with all the other residents, they are only moved on upon assessment which in some cases can take months or even years depending on the tempermant of a given individual and how much disruption they may or may not cause. Even some rest homes have a large number of dementia cases now but are not easily assessed for dementia care after all where are you going to put them with such a shortage of specific units?

Banned

Couta, just out of interest, have you a feel for relative staffing, how much additional staffing is required for a dementia unit relative to a regular unit, inc direct, medical, support and overhead staff, based on your observation above. Is it 2:1, 3:2, 3:1, more ?