sharetrader
Page 373 of 970 FirstFirst ... 273323363369370371372373374375376377383423473873 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 9700

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    LOL. Was just thinking the same thing, stoploss. In fact, I recall having quite a few debates with Roger over the last couple of years where I declared SUM to be the best and he instead backed RYM. Knew he'd come to his senses eventually, though
    I suffered from "Noragate" and sat out two whole years when the SP went from $3.60 to $4.00...didn't miss much in that timeframe. Back on board in March 2016 for $4.00...coincidence that the SP has taken off since Mrs Barlow announced her resignation ? I guess this post is evidence that sometimes it can be a rewarding experience to stick to one's investment principle's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-08-2016 at 03:27 PM.

The last few years I have believed that SUM to be a better investment/trade than RYM. You know I think that Ryman has been overvalued for a few years time (reflected in it's share price) and that SUM has been undervalued (in actual terms as well as relative to RYM). SUM been my sector choice

RYM multiples are now lower. One could say getting to about fair value.

So how do SUM multiples today compare to RYM multiples? These are shown below. The highlighted bits is what SUM is worth (today) if priced at same multiple as RYM

That is why I'm sure there is more legs (greater profit) in SUM over the next year or so than Ryman

Even if applies a 'best in breed' or whatever to Ryman SUM is still relatively undervalued (by some way)

Essentially saying that SUM share price likely to increase by earnings growth PLUS a continuing rerating to somewhere near RYM multiples ..... and RYM will likely to increase by earnings growth as well. It appears as SUM earnings growth next few years going to be higher than RYM (as per oldguy and others comments) So whichever way you look at it likely to be (heaps) more made from SUM than RYM over the foreseeable future.

That's how I see it anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Then again one could look at those multiples and say SUM is fairly valued at the moment

Meaning RYM is still 20% over valued

(PS only $7.50 Roger - ha ha)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Then again one could look at those multiples and say SUM is fairly valued at the moment

Meaning RYM is still 20% over valued

(PS only $7.50 Roger - ha ha)
    Graphs can be made to say what we want them to depending on how far back we take them etc, each of the big 3 have had their times in the spotlight over the last five years in terms of SP acceleration, you'll make money out of all of them but in terms of setting the standard and management ,Ryman are the top dog without question.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Graphs can be made to say what we want them to depending on how far back we take them etc, each of the big 3 have had their times in the spotlight over the last five years in terms of SP acceleration, you'll make money out of all of them but in terms of setting the standard and management ,Ryman are the top dog without question.
    No question Ryman are the BIG / TOP DOG but also no question SUM are growing at the fastest pace...moving at a speed similar to when one of my Sydney Silky Terriers sees the neighbours cat. Its the earnings growth rate that rewards shareholders the most not who's the top dog and besides that big dog's can only grow at a more moderate speed because they're so big already.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-08-2016 at 04:54 PM.

Banned

Anyway I've said more than enough for now, I see no point in chasing ones tail, a playful experience but gets you no where.

Fair enough mate but it can be fun eh having a good debate.

I see Harbour Asset Management filed an increased SSH notice this afternoon raising their stake by about 1% to 6%. I rate those guys and while I still prefer to manage my own money if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to pick an asset manager they'd be on a very short list of mine. No doubt they'll want more. Onwards and upwards eh folks !

Closed at 434, whoops forgot it had a 5 in front of it now, which is a pretty strong day in any ones language

Was 500 odd on Friday so up about 6% this week

We will get that 6 in front of it one day

What ever happend to new guy? I remember when this thing was trading @ $2.60ish and everyone thought it was going to the dogs... 😅💸

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    What ever happend to new guy? I remember when this thing was trading @ $2.60ish and everyone thought it was going to the dogs... 
    New Guy is now Old Guy so Old Guy is the New, New Guy but of course he's now Old Guy.