sharetrader
Page 418 of 970 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428468518918 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 9698

Nice to see the SP recover the dividend so quickly. Regarding the reinvestment plan, does anyone know from which day is the buy price calculated? Ex-divi or on the payable date?

"The dividend reinvestment plan will apply to the dividend, with a discount of 2% applicable to those shareholders participating in the plan."

Veteran novice

Based on average sale price of all trades in the five trading days from the Record Date.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Nice to see the SP recover the dividend so quickly. Regarding the reinvestment plan, does anyone know from which day is the buy price calculated? Ex-divi or on the payable date?

"The dividend reinvestment plan will apply to the dividend, with a discount of 2% applicable to those shareholders participating in the plan."

Also don't get caught out buying on day of EX divi. As a few days prior (3) it takes for ownership to change (that's what I remember anyway). Not sure if you are aware.

Have a feeling there has been a wait on buying up due to keeping price low for more shares return from Div reinvestment scheme. ... I hope so anyway

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Lightbulb Moving with the times

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Also don't get caught out buying on day of EX divi. As a few days prior (3) it takes for ownership to change (that's what I remember anyway). Not sure if you are aware....
    The ex-div/ex-whatever date being ahead of the record date takes care of all those hassles.

So straight forward to buy today/tomorrow/friday and not get the dividend.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    Also don't get caught out buying on day of EX divi. As a few days prior (3) it takes for ownership to change (that's what I remember anyway). Not sure if you are aware.

Have a feeling there has been a wait on buying up due to keeping price low for more shares return from Div reinvestment scheme. ... I hope so anyway
    Historic. As PT says the T+2 takes care of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Historic. As PT says the T+2 takes care of all that.
    Thanks for better explanation than me. I have a question regarding current interest rates with banks. If this is off topic for SUM, please direct me to where I can go and post about this. With interest rates being fairly low, I imagine a lot of people are looking for better returns. I have noticed that my ASB account has pretty much scrapped the interest on an account I previously got 3+ % in. I'm not impressed and unsure where I missed that boat. I already moved ships for the majority.

One thing I believe the more senior and wise generations are aware of as an instrument of income is interest bearing bank accounts and consistent returns. I think a portion of interest earners will be opting for shares to supplement income further as interest rates lower.

SUM with their low, yet increasing dividend is one of the reasons why I bought up and will continue to follow them, along with SUM's capital growth.

I always appreciate reading posts from people I would consider much more experienced, knowledgeable on analysis, well traveled and aware of historical events. Hope that makes sense. I see a really bright future for New Zealand if New Zealanders and NZ companies keep the majority of profits at home. New Zealanders taking ownership of New Zealand based businesses resulting in the country being more agile and able to say no to big foreign business dominance.

Another reason why I chose to invest in New Zealand, which I class as home. The desire for people to live in New Zealand won't perish and long term the beast (population/country) is only at the early phases of fast development and population expansion (in my view). Hence the love for the retirement sector and following their growth and looking at potential within this industry.

My personal opinion is that SUM will come to a settled long term return of around 7-10% per annum (over 15+ years). One way or another.

If anyone can steer me in a general direction to find out about interest rate discussions that would be muchly appreciated.

Another good day for SUM even though SUMmer is over.

Cheers

https://www.heartland.co.nz/investments Heartland still paying 3% per annum on call mate and they're another solid Kiwi company..."Keeping profits Kiwi" its got a good ring to it don't you think ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-03-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

NZ is definitely not keeping it local. These "NZ owned" companies can have shareholders all over the world, sending profits wherever. Also NZ is basically being sold to the Chinese (property and its businesses).

Of course, wise Kiwi investors are profiting along the way, or selling out, depending on your viewpoint.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face What a drip

Discovered that SUM run a DRP today, so on a whim, I signed up for it.

Adds a share or two to the total.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    NZ is definitely not keeping it local. These "NZ owned" companies can have shareholders all over the world, sending profits wherever. Also NZ is basically being sold to the Chinese (property and its businesses).

Of course, wise Kiwi investors are profiting along the way, or selling out, depending on your viewpoint.
    .... and have owned bits of other countries' companies since at least the 1980's when exchange controls were abolished and the NZD floated!