sharetrader
Page 432 of 970 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 9700
    Advanced Member

Slowly dropping on a bit of downward pressure..... overseas turmoil? Nothing really changed including whopping growth in the company. Still thinking if it gets down too low I may do a couta and fully invest in one to two companies at most.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Slowly dropping on a bit of downward pressure..... overseas turmoil? Nothing really changed including whopping growth in the company. Still thinking if it gets down too low I may do a couta and fully invest in one to two companies at most.....
    Just market jitters with global concerns, nothing specific to SUM.

Dilettante

It really is shameful how many operators in this industry have treated their workers with low pay and sometimes bad condition. It is good to see this settlement which hopefully will be signed off today http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11839877

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It really is shameful how many operators in this industry have treated their workers with low pay and sometimes bad condition. It is good to see this settlement which hopefully will be signed off today http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11839877
    This is going to affect the bottom line profit of all the listed companies big time, the more the company relies on care beds for income, the bigger the hit will be.

Handsome Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This is going to affect the bottom line profit of all the listed companies big time, the more the company relies on care beds for income, the bigger the hit will be.
    Yes, I agree with that. Unless the "customer" takes on these costs which is a tough sell.

Advanced Member

I love how people love the idea of everyone getting paid more. The only hidden thing is, it comes at a cost to someone else.

In most cases the customer has to take on most or all of the extra cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I love how people love the idea of everyone getting paid more. The only hidden thing is, it comes at a cost to someone else.

In most cases the customer has to take on most or all of the extra cost.
    In the majority of cases the customer is the Govt so unless the Govt wants to pay more the companies will wear the cost.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LAC View Post
    Yes, I agree with that. Unless the "customer" takes on these costs which is a tough sell.
    The gap between the bed funding benchmarks set by the individual DHB's and the total increase in the wages to revenue bill of each company will determine the extent of the hit, but it will be significant based on those projected hourly rate increases. The gravity train days may be about to slow down significantly unless the Govt increases their funding to the sector via the DHB's to bridge the gap.
    Last edited by couta1; 18-04-2017 at 08:48 AM.

I was warning on the oceania thread that the days of this sector wont last fore-ever. Anyway they all make plenty of profit guess it will just be less profit maybe they can increase the exit fees on retirement living to 50% fee instead of the 20 - 30%?
    Last edited by bull....; 18-04-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

It's only the beginning of pain folks for the sector, next up will be nurses hourly rates which will be measured against those working for the DHB's and were talking a big difference in hourly rate. And then there are the cleaners and activity staff. Baton down the hatches folk and fasten your seatbelts, could be a wild ride going forward.
    Last edited by couta1; 18-04-2017 at 09:06 AM.