sharetrader
Page 468 of 970 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568968 ... LastLast
Results 4,671 to 4,680 of 9699
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its good to get clarity from the "contradictions" and a right of reply is genuinely asked for; all good stuff otherwise any old thing can be said and be unchallenged; un questioned etc and who wants that?
    Exactly right.
    Lowers the standard of Sharetrader.

Veteran novice

I hold a few SUM and have been in the markets long enough - since around 1962-63? - from memory - to know that shareprices don't follow a straight line, up or down! So I'm not stressing over what I see as, probably, a short term correction back to around Feb/March levels and intend to buy a few more when the trend reverses.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Its good to get clarity from the "contradictions" and a right of reply is genuinely asked for; all good stuff otherwise any old thing can be said and be unchallenged; un questioned etc and who wants that?
    Seeking clarity on someones post is fine but personal attacks, which TJ admitted it was, is not fine and not constructive IMO. I actually enjoy Coutas post, he comes across as pretty transparent and honest to me.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Absolutely right... it just surprises me how some people can talk about how much they are buying, then turn around a month later and make statements like I knew/sensed/whatever it was going to go down... not very constructive discussion in my view, especially when there is no legitimate reason to justify why it may have gone down

I do accept it is a bit of a personal attack, and don't mean to be 'the police', but at the same time I think talk like this is potentially misleading and dangerous - and best left not said at all.

I would certainly dislike if a CEO of a company, for example, mentioned one thing publicly, then just 1 month later turned around and said something else, and claimed that this was always going to be the case in the first place and sense it all along... anyway, my apologies for ruffling any feathers, carry on.
    I disagree completely with Joshuatree and Percy's opinion above in support of said personal attack.
    The plain fact is, as admitted by t.j. himself as highlighted above there is a core undercurrent of personal attack in this post.
    We all post things from time to time that could have been worded better. I am certain that Couta1 meant to say he suspected after attending the annual meeting that because of the uncertainty generated around the higher construction costs in Auckland he suspected the shares might come under pressure.
    Absolutely no question this thinly disguised personal attack was extremely distasteful and I for one completely understand why Couta1 has taken umbrage.
    On the Oceania front I note that one poster on here has shared some very useful industry insights and yet others seem happy to support such a distasteful personal attack on said poster...go figure.
    I would have thought it is perfectly obvious that when nearly half a billion dollars is sucked out of this sector by Infratil selling down its stake in MET and the OCA float there would be an impact on the incumbent companies. Market obviously has a case of indigestion exacerbated by the uncertainty over development margins in Auckland created by the company and concerns over house prices.

Its also a case of the development growth this year being a second half story so I am expecting slightly weaker second quarter metrics in early July.
    SUM time this year the shares will be exceptional long term buying but I am not sure we're quite there yet.

Couta1 is the most honest bloke on this forum by a country mile !
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-05-2017 at 10:10 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I disagree completely with Joshuatree and Percy's opinion above in support of said personal attack.
    The plain fact is, as admitted by t.j. himself as highlighted above there is a core undercurrent of personal attack in this post.
    We all post things from time to time that could have been worded better. I am certain that Couta1 meant to say he suspected after attending the annual meeting that because of the uncertainty generated around the higher construction costs in Auckland he suspected the shares might come under pressure.
    Absolutely no question this thinly disguised personal attack was extremely distasteful and I for one completely understand why Couta1 has taken umbrage.
    On the Oceania front I note that one poster on here has shared some very useful industry insights and yet others seem happy to support such a distasteful personal attack on said poster...go figure.
    I would have thought it is perfectly obvious that when nearly half a billion dollars is sucked out of this sector by Infratil selling down its stake in MET and the OCA float there would be an impact on the incumbent companies. Market obviously has a case of indigestion exacerbated by the uncertainty over development margins in Auckland created by the company and concerns over house prices.

Its also a case of the development growth this year being a second half story so I am expecting slightly weaker second quarter metrics in early July.
    SUM time this year the shares will be exceptional long term buying but I am not sure we're quite there yet.

Couta1 is the most honest bloke on this forum by a country mile !
    As initially mentioned, it was not so much of discussion around SUM's share price (or what is driving it etc), but rather what looked to be contradictory posts in a very short period of time, followed by a claim that looked to be questionable.

I'll re-clarify my clarification... it could have been interpreted as a personal attack, although I did not intend it to be, rather a 'point of order' (I was admitting it may have looked like it was)

I think we should all just put the 'issue' behind us, and I do respect every member, although it would be nice if we all (including myself) could be more careful and consider our posts before posting, which would lift the quality of posts (as others have mentioned).

Thanks,
    TJ
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 25-05-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Okay lets move on but please try and remember that when someone has a big stake in a company and the share price is under pressure nobody needs salt rubbed into the wound...

SP under pressure...Frayed nerves all round with this one...I suspect that those who hold their nerve over the long run will do extremely well but patience will be required I think.
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-05-2017 at 10:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    As initially mentioned, it was not so much of discussion around SUM's share price (or what is driving it etc), but rather what looked to be contradictory posts in a very short period of time, followed by a claim that looked to be questionable.

I'll re-clarify my clarification... it could have been interpreted as a personal attack, although I did not intend it to be, rather a 'point of order' (I was admitting it may have looked like it was)

I think we should all just put the 'issue' behind us, and I do respect every member, although it would be nice if we all (including myself) could be more careful and consider our posts before posting, which would lift the quality of posts (as others have mentioned).

Thanks,
    TJ
    Instead of all the long explanations, all I require is a simple apology from yourself put on here and that will end the matter from my viewpoint.

Like others, I've have been accumulating parcels since 5.03, happy to continue so, hindsight is a beautiful, but with SUM i've found over the last few years, picking the bottom is often difficult.

IF it reaches 4.80 I think it's great value.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
    Like others, I've have been accumulating parcels since 5.03, happy to continue so, hindsight is a beautiful, but with SUM i've found over the last few years, picking the bottom is often difficult.

IF it reaches 4.80 I think it's great value.
    You're probably right there, fiasco, but I'll wait for the upturn. No point in being a hero!

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    You're probably right there, fiasco, but I'll wait for the upturn. No point in being a hero!
    Absolutely and 100% agree, and I wish I did wait (will wait for uptrend for my next purchase). Although, last time the uptrend started at 4.90, it went to 5.15 too quickly for me to act (not a huge material rise) ><