sharetrader
Page 471 of 970 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,710 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Joshuatree - How do you define a clear turn around ?
    Like today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

And yesterday was a clear downturn. And tonight I'll need a drink to help clear my head after this last week. And tomorrow I'll be hoping for clear skies.

Advanced Member

Looks like the big boys are out to play

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Here's why Jantar

As long as SUM keep building villages etc the line will continue to go upover time

I reckon now is a great time to buy - just like the other times when short term thinking 'investors' / punters have given up

Note - line is free drawn - not calculated or anything clever - just to show that as long SUM keep building things the line keeps going up
    Great longterm chart w69 with all its peaks and valleys; certainly longtermers like dobby have caught a great wave; shows there are still stocks to buy and hold long;with the caveat from Bull about the govt possibly changing the goalposts in the future.No need to worry or waste time worrying about dips when that chart is sighted unless something has seriously changed; not imo. But stocks have their flat years like RYM which i sold after having a similar great run.

Roger ;clear in my head when everything stacks up and a buy signal comes up; when i have the funds ready, rebalancing my portfolio . I want more exposure to this sector. Been a bit of perfect storm lately to affect sentiment etc; a bit of doubt at the AGM re growth ahead,property values slowing; wages /costs up etc. When the TA looks better. Contrarywise when folks were enthusiasticly jumping in a few weeks back and going rah rah ,great buying ;a warning signal flashed up in my head. Getting opinions, reading up here and elsewhere. An individual decision as we all have different situs.

Nice to see some institutional interest in buying today...been absent for a while now for some reason...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Missed by that much

After reading the helpful comments on here I took a small nibble at close today. Only 3.5% of my portfolio though so not taking any big risks at this stage.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    After reading the helpful comments on here I took a small nibble at close today. Only 3.5% of my portfolio though so not taking any big risks at this stage.
    You are therefore "well positioned."
    Best position to be in with huge tailwinds in this sector.

IMO

I was visiting someone in a dementia ward today (not SUM). There was an unhappy elderly lady there ,quite disturbed. She walked past making spitting noises and the caregiver sitting opposite said "thats disgusting stop it" etc in a oud voice. Then the caregiver went and got a walking frame on wheels and while the unhappy patient's back was turned pushed the walker and sat down.The walker hit the patient (not hard) in the rear end. The caregiver found this amusing, the patient even more unhappy and humiliated. A nurse would hopefully have used diversionary tactics. The care giver was not from nz and maybe had an instinctive reaction to the spitting noises. Very sad all-round.

The approachable Admin Guy

Interesting having a read through the last few pages of this thread to see what all the complaints were about this week.

There's only one solution to this, I've made Roger & Couta moderators but also made Balance a moderator also. They can sort it out now!

Have a pleasant weekend!

Vince

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Just received funds from sale of parents summerset apartment. Purchased 2005 for 235K, received 177K. Informed was resold for 450K last month.

Gunny
    To put this another way, net cost to your parents was
    - "Rental" of $58K, plus
    - Lending SUM $177K interest free for 12 years

For a lifestyle your parents enjoyed, this seems a good deal. Only thing that would change my view, was if there were high monthly/annual outgoings, are you able to give us an idea of these costs ?