sharetrader
Page 476 of 970 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,760 of 9699
    Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Low volume, small holders doing the selling, probably old school thinkers who think any increase in debt is a bad thing/sign. A bond offer a bit outside of the square for SUM. PS-I was in that category myself a few years ago, until I realized it was flawed thinking. PPS-Take note, no big holders selling down, no Insto's selling either.
    I don't follow you there, couta. Old school thinkers usually prefer bonds and term deposits rather than shares. More likely, it's punters who were hoping for some attractive rights issues to fund expansion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I don't follow you there, couta. Old school thinkers usually prefer bonds and term deposits rather than shares. More likely, it's punters who were hoping for some attractive rights issues to fund expansion.
    Many in my age group and older were taught that all debt is a negative thing and unless you can pay for it, then you shouldn't have it, hence my referral to old school.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    winner69, I see ARV is up?
    People selling SUM shares before the $2.50 take over offer by SUM other retirement company?
    Its OLD already tj, as is the overt negativity. The directors are FAR too smart to saddle themselves with a slow growing company and FAR more likely to be buying SUM shares, their own, with an on market buy-back ! Julian a much smarter guy than sum on here give him credit for, myself included sometimes.
    Last edited by Beagle; 30-05-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

I make it 4,216,732 shares sold since the arguable peak on 11/4/ ; some may say the downtrend started in march. While that number is tiny compared with the mkt cap of re $1 billion its still worth noting. Quite a lot of 100 to 200 thousand vol selling into the mkt some days as the price drops. What does this mean ; i don't really know but its int. Are the banks taking a more risk on approach; have they said go elsewhere?. Elections and property value question marks atm. Also concerns over the ditch with prop values and I'm hearing more bearish sentiments here and there, there are always permabears around; a fund in Aus has liquidated everything because they believe there is an increased risk of a big correction coming( will try and find that article). Any guesses on what the margin will be pitched at;Peat?
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 30-05-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I make it 4,216,732 shares sold since the arguable peak on 11/4/ ; some may say the downtrend started in march. While that number is tiny compared with the mkt cap of re $1 billion its still worth noting. Quite a lot of 100 to 200 thousand vol selling into the mkt each day. What does this mean ; i don't really know but its int. Are the banks taking a more risk on approach; have they said go elsewhere?. Elections and property value question marks atm. Also concerns over the ditch with prop values and I'm hearing more bearish sentiments here and there; a fund in Aus has liquidated everything because they believe there is an increased risk of a big correction coming( will try and find that article). Any guesses on what the margin will be pitched at;Peat?
    That question has already been asked and answered. SUM very recently expanded their main banking facility from $450m to $600m..try and keep up
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

So the banks have turned SUM down for more?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    So the banks have turned SUM down for more?
    Companies don't always want all their funding coming from banks, have a look at IFT for an example. Diversity of funding streams is positive.
    Last edited by couta1; 30-05-2017 at 04:18 PM.

GMT, KIP and a VERY significant number of other sound well managed companies use corporate bonds...but then I think certain posters already know that... so their intention becomes crystal clear.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    GMT, KIP and a VERY significant number of other sound well managed companies use corporate bonds...but then I think certain posters already know that... so their intention becomes crystal clear.
    Apparently they often come in pairs.

IMO

[QUOTE=Roger;668235...but then I think certain posters already know that... so their intention becomes crystal clear.[/QUOTE]

Roger can you be transparent instead of opaque; what are you actually saying here?