sharetrader
Page 487 of 970 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 9699
    Advanced Member

Maybe it is the posters that are irrational, not the market

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Maybe it is the posters that are irrational, not the market
    What a wonderful post.

I was sure it wasn't going to go below 4.80... now I feel sure it won't go below 4.60...

Honestly I'm surprised it's gotten so cheap. I'm waiting for evidence of a turn, or a change in news before buying in again.

Looking at the housing market stats from May, I don't think the market is doing that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    I was sure it wasn't going to go below 4.80... now I feel sure it won't go below 4.60...

Honestly I'm surprised it's gotten so cheap. I'm waiting for evidence of a turn, or a change in news before buying in again.

Looking at the housing market stats from May, I don't think the market is doing that badly.
    Many say SUM is just a property company (don't make money out of looking after oldies - profits from property)

Most listed property trusts seem to trade at around book value

Is book value a fair price for SUM then?

If so its share price would be about $2.50

After all at SUMs current price one is paying $1.1 billion for $0.5 billion of assets

So lewy - is SUM 'cheap' after all.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The value lies in the business model Winner...but I'm certain you already know that... Taking your devil's advocate example to the logical extreme you could easily argue that Evolve is merely a property company that owns property for the purposes of running early childhood care centers except that might present quite a problem seeing as their NTA is negative 26 cps, (going off memory). P.S. Like EVO's NTA illustrates I am not nearly as sure of the veracity of their business model as I am of SUM other companies
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-06-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Many say SUM is just a property company (don't make money out of looking after oldies - profits from property)

Most listed property trusts seem to trade at around book value

Is book value a fair price for SUM then?

If so its share price would be about $2.50

After all at SUMs current price one is paying $1.1 billion for $0.5 billion of assets

So lewy - is SUM 'cheap' after all.
    Really W69,you let yourself down.
    Bit more effort please.

I think he was just playing devil's advocate Percy.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

I hope so, but with over 16,000 posts ,some may not understand,his sense of fun. ?
    Does not suit him,as I think of him more as a savvy "faithfull" investor,rather than a devil's advocate .?....lol.
    Last edited by percy; 10-06-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I hope so, but with over 16,000 posts ,some may not understand,his sense of fun. ?
    Does not suit him,as I think of him more as a savvy "faithfull" investor,rather than a devil's advocate .?....lol.
    Percy - pease keep Pushpay out of this discussion

I was told that a bit like SUM it had a great business model .......but alas its giving me heaps of grief

A savvy faithful investor not a good description if one has an interest in Pushpay

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Percy - pease keep Pushpay out of this discussion

I was told that a bit like SUM it had a great business model .......but alas its giving me heaps of grief

A savvy faithful investor not a good description if one has an interest in Pushpay
    I guess I should not really comment on Pushpay, as I find I can not value any share that is not yet profitable,but like you, I believe their business model is laying the foundations for a vey successful business.The first sight of break even,and I think they will be up up and away.Hopefully with me onboard too at that time.!!!!..lol.