sharetrader
Page 488 of 970 FirstFirst ... 388438478484485486487488489490491492498538588 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I guess I should not really comment on Pushpay, as I find I can not value any share that is not yet profitable,but like you, I believe their business model is laying the foundations for a vey successful business.The first sight of break even,and I think they will be up up and away.Hopefully with me onboard too at that time.!!!!..lol.
    With Pushpay I'll keep the faith then

And as long as SUM keep on building the business model will enrich us all .....probably wont be around if the merry go round ever stops.

Looks like we are well positioned on both fronts.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    With Pushpay I'll keep the faith then

And as long as SUM keep on building the business model will enrich us all .....probably wont be around if the merry go round ever stops.

Looks like we are well positioned on both fronts.
    Yes we will miss seeing what happens when the merry go round stops.I will be pushing up daisies,while you will be looking down from above.? lol.
    Maybe it will continue for 40 years? Who knows?
    At that time I would expect the model will become like a normal property company,and instead of profits from resales of right to occupy ,they may have to lease/rent units.
    I would expect by that time,SUM will own thousands of units.
    Maybe units will be leased/rented to young people.?
    Then the companies will be vaued on rental income,rather resales profits.
    I doubt any one will be building such villages,as I don't think there would be a development margin to make it worthwhile.
    In the meantime trying to correlate SUM to a property company, or property valus is totally misleading.
    Last edited by percy; 11-06-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Something I've considered about SUMs (very far away) future. The units would suit young people.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Something I've considered about SUMs (very far away) future. The units would suit young people.
    Breaks the business model big time.
    Young people would be in for far too long and the company wouldn't be able to recycle the unit quickly enough.
    I'm sure that's why RYM have a age limit of 70 to get in - less time in. Ideally you want people to stay just as long as the time for the maximum 'deferred maintenance' fee to kick in - less refurbishment costs and quicker turnover.

IMO

In the meantime trying to correlate SUM to a property company, or property valus is totally misleading.
    Other choices for what sector SUM is in if not the Property sector
    Resource sector.? SUM is mining for Gold teeth nah
    Industrial? Are they using the retirees as slave labour making widgets; maybe but don't think so
    Entertainment sector? The set for a new "Prisoner " TV series; that would work

Commodities sector, well i guess a lot of inhabitants go fishing a lot so maybe.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    You would think there would be a market for 55-70's age group. Perhaps empty nesters, still working, who want a low hassle and lock up and leave place in a secure area with similar residents.

percy

Yes we will miss seeing what happens when the merry go round stops.I will be pushing up daisies,while you will be looking down from above.? lol.
    Maybe it will continue for 40 years? Who knows?
    At that time I would expect the model will become like a normal property company,and instead of profits from resales of right to occupy ,they may have to lease/rent units.
    I would expect by that time,SUM will own thousands of units.
    Maybe units will be leased/rented to young people.?
    Then the companies will be vaued on rental income,rather resales profits.
    I doubt any one will be building such villages,as I don't think there would be a development margin to make it worthwhile.
    For JT.
    Retirement Sector.

IMO

No retirement sector on the NZX.

Guru

I thought Oceania and Arvida were the only 'true' retirement/care like companies (that are listed)... and the rest were all property development companies?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I thought Oceania and Arvida were the only 'true' retirement/care like companies (that are listed)... and the rest were all property development companies?
    Easy mistake to make......lol.