sharetrader
Page 506 of 970 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516556606 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 9700
    Super Investor

Here is a shocking statistic from Aussie. In the last 5 years preventable deaths in rest homes has increased 10 fold. No I do not have a link to it. Hearsay from a doctor referring to some medical report.
    Last edited by h2so4; 28-06-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    h2

IMO

There are lots of investor biases. One, confirmation or myside bias is seeing only what you want to see to support your position. I hope a rigourish review and scrutiny makes our 5 companies better at what they do with our elders or else big trouble ahead. The 4 corners programme is a great opp to test our own models against and make any necessary improvements.And they will be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    Here is a shocking statistic from Aussie. In the last 5 years Unpreventable deaths in rest homes has increased 10 fold. No I do not have a link to it. Hearsay from a doctor referring to some medical report.
    And most of these people died lying in their beds. Incredible how stupid people are - in the middle ages they managed this risk by sitting in their beds (didn't help, though ...). The world is a dangerous place ... and life always ends with death.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Could numbers in rest homes have also increased by X % !

Super Investor

No mate its people that don't receive their medication or have a fall that sort of preventable death.
    Last edited by h2so4; 28-06-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: You guys Ha,
    h2

IMO

If you can find a link would be helpful h2so4.You mean "preventable" deaths don't you? I do suspect stuff like that happens. A less mortal example. This elderly lady at a care centre lost her lower denture; 6 days later a family member looked under the head of her bed and there it was 15cm in.!!!? No one bothered to look ,or to clean.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Ask Couta1. He has the most experience on here interacting with residents at SUM villages and I am sure he will confirm that by and large they're satisfied customers.
    Spot on, people on here need to stop comparing us with Aussies (Except that Ryman are kiwi trailblazers over there, offering a different model to their current one) NZ Audit standards are incredibly robust in this industry and care standards are by and large incredibly high.

Super Investor

If he sends me the link I'll post it. Yes I meant preventable. You guys. Ha!
    h2

Quote Originally Posted by h2so4 View Post
    No mate its people that don't receive their medication or have a fall that sort of preventable death.
    You talked about unpreventable deaths, though ... make up your mind
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

SUM people are missing the main point today. 2017 PE based on $75m underlying is only 14.2 for a company proving they can grow at 30% in a flat-ish real estate market.
    Cheep, Cheep...said the budgie That's a PEG ratio of less than 0.5 based on 2017 growth and a PEG ratio of less than 0.33 based on average underlying profit growth of 48% since listing. Complete this sentence...you can lead a horse to water...
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-06-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine