sharetrader
Page 509 of 970 FirstFirst ... 9409459499505506507508509510511512513519559609 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Pretty strong response . 2nd highest vol of the year; almost at the 30DMA. Still in a bear mkt though if you follow T/A. Hoops post on investment strategies thread.
    If you're a long term holder things are looking pretty good. Why not hold on and enjoy the ride

IMO

I can understand that if you're holding on but I've never been on SUM to be bucked off it. Quite a lot going on atm; scrutiny wise, cost wise, property wise,chartwise etc so will watch for some conflict reconciliations, smoother waters. Just in OCA in the sector atpit; sold RYM a few years back.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 28-06-2017 at 10:01 PM.

percy

All the time the Tsunami of ageing grows.
    At present time 50 aged a week, are making a retirement village their home.
    So next milestone 100 a week,and then 200 a week.
    Pity the sector's build rate will steadily fall behind demand.
    Last edited by percy; 29-06-2017 at 08:51 AM.

In my DCF model I had $70.5M for underlying profit in FY17. Quite pleased with the guidance.

I think current SP is approximately fair value, even slightly under fair value. Having said that I don't mind paying fair value for a good company, as they will probably suprise on the upside.

IMO

Has no-one else read the NBR article by Tim Hunter "pop goes the bubble" June 23rd issue. Seems some subscribers are being selective in their reading, confirmation bias; most of us do it; its a human failing , i have to pull myself up regularly. Will post snippets later as off to visit someone in a care facility.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Has no-one else read the NBR article by Tim Hunter "pop goes the bubble" June 23rd issue. Seems some subscribers are being selective in their reading, confirmation bias; most of us do it; its a human failing , i have to pull myself up regularly. Will post snippets later as off to visit someone in a care facility.
    Don't get the NBR, never have, so no selective reading here. Listening to the opinion of one or SUM can cost you huge gains. PS-Forecast for the next 20 yrs, is for strong tailwinds to continue blowing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Don't get the NBR, never have, so no selective reading here. Listening to the opinion of one or SUM can cost you huge gains. PS-Forecast for the next 20 yrs, is for strong tailwinds to continue blowing.

Yes...certainly. However, till the auckland property market shows a stability and direction...I think it a bit risky now?

I believe the biggest risk is an oversupply of retirement units in the Auckland region in the short to medium term. This is well documented.

The proportion of retirees going into villages will need to increase a fair amount to balance the supply/demand, which may happen but the risk is there.
    Last edited by James108; 29-06-2017 at 11:06 AM.

I was wondering the same thing recently about oversupply - some big build-outs going on in Wellington from RYM and SUM. But then - there seems to be a fairly steady supply of residents and potential residents as well so hopefully there'll be a good balance of supply & demand.

Summerset is flat out building as fast as it can across a wide range of sites and believe me, they have no trouble selling them often well before they're built !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine