sharetrader
Page 51 of 970 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Banned

No worries wolf once I get over the shock of losing $100k things will get back to normal instead of not going to work(self employed) not sleeping etc. Hind sights a great thing but one thing I know for sure if I'd heard the internet coalition first media release before selling retirement stock to grab CNU dividend I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the stock. Same as if John Key had said the Govt MAY override com com not they will I wouldn't have touched the stock with a barge pole,CNU is currently one very hot potato and is only for traders and speculators maybe for quite a while to come unlike Sum which looks pretty darn good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    No worries wolf once I get over the shock of losing $100k things will get back to normal instead of not going to work(self employed) not sleeping etc. Hind sights a great thing but one thing I know for sure if I'd heard the internet coalition first media release before selling retirement stock to grab CNU dividend I wouldn't have gone anywhere near the stock. Same as if John Key had said the Govt MAY override com com not they will I wouldn't have touched the stock with a barge pole,CNU is currently one very hot potato and is only for traders and speculators maybe for quite a while to come unlike Sum which looks pretty darn good to me.
    I hope to one day be investing even that amount in 1 stock!!

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You've set your course couta1. Now relax, get some sleep and enjoy life. It may do you some good to start checking the market no more frequently than once a day for a while. SUM may wobble around a bit on its upward trend.

I have committed more than I usually do to SUM, so you are in fantastic company

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    I shouldnt worry , Ryman was the same many years ago , unloved and boring , the rat made a killing on that stock , hopefully this one will eventually follow suit
    Have not been on this thread for long time. Posted the above back in feb 2012 when there was less than one post a day on this stock (maybe less than one a week). Has moved from 140 to 3.40 in that time. Now however every man and his dog is posting on this stock , many with a ramping quality (only way is up) Happy to be holding but not sure i would be buying at these prices.
    In fact i have not bought a single stock since last febuary. (except the leccy floats) as the market has not been cheap , not sold any either (except cash converters)
    This is a good stock but some seem to be getting carried away, when everyman and his dog talking a stock up , theres usually not much upside (in the near term)
    Last edited by ratkin; 12-11-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Banned

Ratkin these prices are cheap In comparison to Met and Ryman, Met heading toward $5 When nothing changed in terms of it proving itself other than a couple of good investing companies stepping in to take a stake but it was trading at only $3.06 just a few weeks ago and only building 200 new units a year compared to Sums 300 in fact you could say its currently more overvalued than Rym and needs a good correction to align it with its current true value no Sum is definitely the buy of the 3 of them currently and the market will realise by march next year once their full year results are released

Advanced Member

I expect SUM to return a min of 15% p.a. for me. Talks for doubling and even trippling share prices are nothing but pure speculation.

Banned

Speculation based on factual historical data

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I expect SUM to return a min of 15% p.a. for me. Talks for doubling and even trippling share prices are nothing but pure speculation.
    If your "expectation"proves right for 5 years, you will indeed double your money in that time, pretty much like Roger & couta1 have been "speculating"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    If your "expectation"proves right for 5 years, you will indeed double your money in that time, pretty much like Roger & couta1 have been "speculating"
    Ha. I was under the impression some posters thought that this would happen within a year or so. I definetely have the long game in sight with this one.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    15% compounded return for 5 years is doubling your money exactly (to 1 decimal place)