sharetrader
Page 518 of 970 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568618 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 9699

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't often agree wuth Hosking but this morning he was right on - the property market in the media is not the property market in reality.

Too many have been sucked in by the media (some on here)

This has resulted in adverse market reaction to the retirement sector - but presented a great investment opportunity for those not sucked in. Reality will win out in end
    The reality is:

• Tightening of monetary policy globally
    • Downgraded credit ratings for Australian banks
    • Easing of capital outflows from China
    • An upcoming election with immigration set to be a key focus

I'm not saying there is going to be a correction, but I do feel the property market in NZ has probably peaked.

Theres more than one property market in nz. Dependent on location, population density and population growth. Corrections are shorter when you over lap these markets. Remember spring/summer is when property sells and sets the tone for the rest of the year.

IMO

Anyone listening Hosking is being sucked in by the media; he is an opinionated national party populist stooge imo.He frequently comes up on Media Watch for all the wrong reasons.Just like the coverup he is doing all he can for the National Party and it stinks. This is a typical example ;trivialising things about the property mkt and should not be here on the SUM thread.All just imo.So fire away

Listenduration 6′ :46″

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Anyone listening Hosking is being sucked in by the media; he is an opinionated national party populist stooge imo.He frequently comes up on Media Watch for all the wrong reasons.Just like the coverup he is doing all he can for the National Party and it stinks. This is a typical example ;trivialising things about the property mkt and should not be here on the SUM thread.All just imo.So fire away

Listenduration 6′ :46″
    Agree,
    agree,
    and agree..

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    I think the fact that they've already released guidance so early indicates their not that worried about the property market and can still make money in a flat market (on an underlying basis)
    Agree,
    Agree,
    And agree.

The more punters worry about this perceived / media driven property crash and sell their SUM shares the long term investment opportunity gets even more compelling
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Agree,
    Agree,
    And agree.

The more punters worry about this perceived / media driven property crash and sell their SUM shares the long term investment opportunity gets even more compelling
    Totally agree.........................

[QUOTE=couta1;672654]We are the leader when it comes to the continuum of care model, that's why Ryman are trailblazers in Aussie(And by all accounts, the Aussies love our model) Just like we haven't followed Aussie with a CGT, we don't need to follow their inferior aged care model.[/QUOTE

My understanding is the retirement sector model is pretty much the same as AUS = fee's are fee's are they not maybe nz use different terminology in there contracts you know it can be very confusing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...t-a-high-price

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...st-over-80-000
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

I'm well positioned not holding atpit .

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post
    When you say flat, you forget to mention it is now perched on the roof of an extremely HIGH SKYSCRAPER that is the housing market, while others offer aged care services generating substantial monthly revenues and cash flows with less downside risk than SUM.
    How much of these 'generating substantial monthly revenues and cash flows' actually end up on the bottom line?

I would hazard a guess that SUM, RYM, OCA, MET and ARV would not be valued anywhere where they are now if that was the basis of how punters value them ....even if punters gave them a PE of 15 on those earnings.

It's the property development model that drives the real value
    Last edited by winner69; 06-07-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Look at the last trading of Sum...off market then straight to OCA...I believe so...the trading out and in are almost the same value...so surely people are looking for new listed OCA as a new horse in the retirement sector...
    I just buying OCA .....new horse on the block in this sector always gets punters excited and usually a good punt for the first year or so.

Charts will tell you when it's run out of steam .......I'm hoping for 160/200 sometime in the future.