sharetrader
Page 522 of 970 FirstFirst ... 22422472512518519520521522523524525526532572622 ... LastLast
Results 5,211 to 5,220 of 9699

Can we please lift the tone on this thread.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Take a deep breath people. SUM, and some other retirement stocks, may be frustrating but keep it seemly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Take a deep breath people. SUM, and some other retirement stocks, may be frustrating but keep it seemly.

Yes it it will be frustrating. I think all listed retirement companies Share price, will stagnant till the property market shows a direction. The only new horse that I bet on is OCA..which I believe still under valued? Consider to get in OCA...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don't often agree wuth Hosking but this morning he was right on - the property market in the media is not the property market in reality.

Too many have been sucked in by the media (some on here)

This has resulted in adverse market reaction to the retirement sector - but presented a great investment opportunity for those not sucked in. Reality will win out in end
    The media including Hosking like a sensational beat-up. The sector has tail winds but if Auckland-level high prices keep out first home buyers, resulting in fewer owner-occupiers, then wouldn't that be a long-term negative for the likes of SUM?

Banned

The Herald put their little sensation article up on SUM just before 1pm, that's sure to drop the price a bit and flush out a few more weak hands. They must be getting desperate to put an article up on quarter metrics.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-07-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Herald put their little sensation article up on SUM just before 1pm, that's sure to drop the price a bit and flush out a few more weak hands. They must be getting desperate to put an article up on quarter metrics.
    Yep - headlines with 18% drop in it is pretty dramatic eh

Guru

Haven't they reported metrics in the past? They had reported the guidance earlier:Summerset earnings may rise 33pc
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11883014
    So why not report on the metrics as well. Maybe I have become inured to sensationalism, but the NZH seemed to report the facts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Haven't they reported metrics in the past? They had reported the guidance earlier:Summerset earnings may rise 33pc
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11883014
    So why not report on the metrics as well. Maybe I have become inured to sensationalism, but the NZH seemed to report the facts.
    They could have titled the article, Summerset on track to build 450 units this year, as if, far too factual aye. PS-Im pretty sure this the first time that I can remember that they have bothered reporting on quarter metrics.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-07-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Guru

They could have titled the article, Summerset on track to build 450 units this year, as if, far too factual aye.
    The news was the metrics and their headline was factual. The headline was in the same tabloid style as their previous report on the update at the end of June. The NZH is primarily infotainment, imho.

Guru

... PS-Im pretty sure this the first time that I can remember that they have bothered reporting on quarter metrics.
    Ok. Maybe they deemed these metrics newsworthy coming so close to their report that "Summerset earnings may rise 33pc"