sharetrader
Page 527 of 970 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577627 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 9698

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    They are a NZ outfit
    https://www.saltfunds.co.nz/

with mainly NZer's in their team
    https://www.saltfunds.co.nz/our-team-1/

Last time I heard of them they got all vocal about the NPT selling out to KPG and ended up winning that stoush.
    Main guys dot a bit frustrated at BT and formed their own company a few years ago

A couple of them are accountants - so must be pretty good. (Had to say that)

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Salt of the earth forward thinking bean counters, (investors would be hoping), but I think they're barking up the wrong tree shorting this one. Hard to swim against a constant incoming tide for very long...

Speaking of salt of the earth asset managers I rate that Shane Solly of Harbour asset management, pretty smart guy. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...year-high.html
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-07-2017 at 04:59 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Ryman up 49c from a week ago, Sum up a wee bit, how's that SP ratio chart tracking winner?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Salt of the earth forward thinking bean counters, (investors would be hoping), but I think they're barking up the wrong tree shorting this one. Hard to swim against a constant incoming tide for very long...

Speaking of salt of the earth asset managers I rate that Shane Solly of Harbour asset management, pretty smart guy. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/9...year-high.html
    I get the feeling sometimes these fund managers just want to stick their neck out to raise their profile and maybe their ego's... not that they need bigger ones. If it comes off, great for them... if not, they are so diversified it doesn't really matter... its not like SUM would be 100% of their portfolio. Good for us, if we are buying low because of their shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I get the feeling sometimes these fund managers just want to stick their neck out to raise their profile and maybe their ego's... not that they need bigger ones. If it comes off, great for them... if not, they are so diversified it doesn't really matter... its not like SUM would be 100% of their portfolio. Good for us, if we are buying low because of their shorts.
    Thats exactly what I thought about that Simplicity announcement yesterday on gender and ethnic diversity in boards. So much grandstanding. FFS they're less than a year old and they're trying tell company's what to do. (Sorry off topic)
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Thats exactly what I thought about that Simplicity announcement yesterday on gender and ethnic diversity in boards. So much grandstanding. FFS they're less than a year old and they're trying tell company's what to do. (Sorry off topic)
    Stay off topic.
    I am enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Ryman up 49c from a week ago, Sum up a wee bit, how's that SP ratio chart tracking winner?
    Mateeee, reckon RYM's short term swing is related to end of year tax situations. But, long term on this sector is bloody positive. Focus is on how sector Leverage debt, Manage debt, Manage clients, Development costs and how reserve bank manages interest rates. Also property growth, how councils release and re-zone land.

Did Salt REALLY admit to being short? Lovely, thats a red rag to some of the other funds out there, who, if they follow usual procedure, will put the squeeze on. Tequila and lemon with your salt anyone?

Short people got no reason
    To live

They got little hands
    And little eyes
    And they walk around
    Tellin' great big lies
    They got little noses
    And tiny little teeth
    They wear platform shoes
    On their nasty little feet

Well, I don't want no short people
    Don't want no short people
    Don't want no short people
    Round here
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

The retirement sector has been a bad investment this yr well underperformed the nzx except for arv.
    one step ahead of the herd