sharetrader
Page 53 of 970 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

This is completely anecdotal but I was talking with a colleague today who has parents looking at purchasing a unit in a retirement complex. She told me that her parents and others have all earmarked properties owned by SUM. Purely coincidental but made me happy to hear.

discl. hold SUM

Advanced Member

Forgot to mention. Location was the main factor in their decision process.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    This is completely anecdotal but I was talking with a colleague today who has parents looking at purchasing a unit in a retirement complex. She told me that her parents and others have all earmarked properties owned by SUM. Purely coincidental but made me happy to hear.

discl. hold SUM
    Another attraction is that SUM are generally not adverse to retiree's having a pet, or maybe pets, (says he hopefully with his 3 dogs), although I see that this is subject to written permission from the village manager.
    I have a natural dislike for leaving things to chance so if I ever move into a SUM retirement village it'll be part of a clause on my licence agreement that permission may not be unreasonably withheld. Hopefully I can wean my love of dogs down to two fine examples by then
    Seriously this is a big issue. My dad died last year and I know mum would love to get a little lap dog to keep her company but she's in a non Sum village and isn't allowed.

Banned

People I'm pretty sure Ryman have never entered this competition will find out for you if someone's interested ?

Hi Couta
    I would be interested to know. I had a quick search and all I could find was that Summerset got first, I couldn't find who was placed second or third let alone a list of entrants

Thanks PT.As I have said before the same (i.e. fundamentals being lost sight of...) surely the same could be said of residential house prices in CHCH and Auckland.

Its my believe that (as with Xero) folk are hugely factoring the "future".This is not a right or wrong issue.

Again its my humble belief that both are very closely related.The additional attraction of course is that the 3 companies provide a healthy income stream.And of course the customer base is ever increasing.This is an absolute certaintey.

The above may be very obvious to most and apologise for that but I believe that attempts at valuation are indeed helpful but not so relevant in the big picture.

Cheers troy
    Last edited by troyvdh; 12-11-2013 at 06:51 PM.

Banned

Troy I think what's more important at the moment for members is which of the big three is currently the best buy and to me Sum stands out, as I said earlier Met has run ahead of itself based only on a buy in from a couple of descent stakeholders (noticed it had a small correction today) but needs a couple more before it becomes a buy IMHO,Rym is fully priced but with half yearly report due out Nov21st worth buying some just as a trade as you can be sure it will spike after the 21st, which leaves Sum as the pick of the bunch as a current buy regardless of future valuations

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Troy I think what's more important at the moment for members is which of the big three is currently the best buy and to me Sum stands out, as I said earlier Met has run ahead of itself based only on a buy in from a couple of descent stakeholders (noticed it had a small correction today) but needs a couple more before it becomes a buy IMHO,Rym is fully priced but with half yearly report due out Nov21st worth buying some just as a trade as you can be sure it will spike after the 21st, which leaves Sum as the pick of the bunch as a current buy regardless of future valuations
    Pretty sure its one of those unsaid rules to never buy to trade an announcement!

Been burned a few times doing that…

Dear couta...I note you mention that MET had a small correction today.....with all due respect todays trading is almost totally irrelevant....are you are aware that RYM had a 1 for 5 split (at what $11 something) a few years back....to the best of my knowledge MET and SUM have not ...so far....My guess is ...given the BIG picture that RYM will again have a 1 for 5 split....when it will probably undoudtably reach a certain price.
    And the same may well occur should MET and/or SUM shareprice pass the $10 level.
    Its my belief (am probably wrong) but most folk see high priced shares as expensive....and probably feel more comfortable buying in lower dollar priced companies (thus being totally oblivious to the real value...blah blah ).

Please correct me if am wrong.

cheers and good luck troy

Banned

Hi Troy, Yes I am aware of the share split with Rymans yes maybe correction is the wrong word choice but regardless Met has run ahead of itself on no proven extra results to date, Sum has ticked all the boxes and I'm just trying to help members to put their money in the best space if they are tossing up between the 3 companies but I've said enough so will shut up now, thanks