sharetrader
Page 532 of 970 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582632 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 9699
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Surely there must be some kind of link. High property prices will enable folk approaching retirement to sell, buy into a RYM / MET /SUM / etc village and have some left over for kids, cars, trips or general health and well being. If property prices are low, then I think a lot of folk might not be able to afford the retirement village option and may just sit tight in their homes. Not everyone is as "well positioned" as Percy !

Disc. Small holding in SUM
    Equally the retirement sector might venture into lower cost options. Couple of companies in Australia set up decent quality sort-of trailer parks for retired people. Been a while since I looked but IIRC they were in nice but reasonably priced locations like beaches, residents lease their plot of land but own their dwelling. Which can be sold on or moved off. Some services available but on the moderate side.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Equally the retirement sector might venture into lower cost options. Couple of companies in Australia set up decent quality sort-of trailer parks for retired people. Been a while since I looked but IIRC they were in nice but reasonably priced locations like beaches, residents lease their plot of land but own their dwelling. Which can be sold on or moved off. Some services available but on the moderate side.
    INA in Aussie are doing this.Fantastic places all up the East Coast of NSW.

Banned

Bullish finish to the week, Bolly bands starting to widen so should run up a bit from here, $5 would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Currently 50,000 people a week make a retirement village their new home,for lifestyle reasons.Most will "meet the market" when it comes to selling their own property.Most will have a good deal of money left over,after buying their retirement unit.
    Question time; What will be the number of people making the same decision in ;
    1] a year's time.
    2] In 5 years time.
    3] In 10 years time.

RTM There are a great number of people better "well positioned" than me.
    I do realise there are great number of people who do not own their own home, or can ever afford to stop working.They are not RYM or SUM's target market.
    I think you might have the comma in the wrong place Percy. 50,000 a week would make retirement villages Stella investments.

Would like to know the real figure though.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I think you might have the comma in the wrong place Percy. 50,000 a week would make retirement villages Stella investments.

Would like to know the real figure though.
    Correct.Thank you have corrected.!!!
    And yes the 50 comes from a recent MSD Super Seniors newsletter the Govt sends out to the over 65s.
    Last edited by percy; 14-07-2017 at 06:28 PM.

5,000/week is still too much. That would be 260,000 moving into retirement villages a year.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    5,000/week is still too much. That would be 260,000 moving into retirement villages a year.
    Finally got it right.!.50 per week.
    MSD Seniors June newsletter.
    Last edited by percy; 15-07-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Couts - share price still comfortably within the long term regression channel

Top of the channel is about 600 - probably heading up there over the next few months
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Couts - share price still comfortably within the long term regression channel

Top of the channel is about 600 - probably heading up there over the next few months
    Put up a chart winner, what regression channel are you on about? Why do you think it's going to the top?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    What's a year or two, when the ground work has been laid, for upward trajectory to move up into yet another higher gear.
    Gaining momemtum,however the build rate will be lucky to keep up with the demand,as each week around 50 seniors decide to make a retirement village their new home.There are now 37,000 New Zealanders living in retirement villages.
    The huge wall of seniors is increasing rapidly, providing huge tailwinds for the sector.
    Some in the sector have a proven model, which means they are "well positioned," while others have some catching up to do.
    Sorry I got the number of seniors deciding to make a retirement village their new home each week, wrong yesterday.
    At least I got it right with the above post #4840 0n 08-06-2017.
    hardt.Thank you for posting the link to the article I was quoting.
    Last edited by percy; 15-07-2017 at 08:45 AM.