sharetrader
Page 534 of 970 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 9699
    Guru

Hmm... I'm sure it was mentioned on here that Summerset "set their own prices" for their units? and also that the property market doesn't affect retirement stocks (never did to RYM back in 08 or something?)

No worries

Back to $5 next week (3rd time I've said this in a few weeks or something... 3rd time lucky for sure)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 16-07-2017 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Still not sure if we can count OCA and ARV as true operators yet...

These shares won't return to their normal price until there is both an announcement from sum and some evidence (a reasonable time into the future, but just less than a year) that property prices aren't stalling as much as the media is suggesting, or that they've started going up again.

I'm picking that these will be $5.25 - $6 by this time next year, depending on the property news. If I had to guess, I'd say $5.38 this time next year. 😃

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    These shares won't return to their normal price until there is both an announcement from sum and some evidence (a reasonable time into the future, but just less than a year) that property prices aren't stalling as much as the media is suggesting, or that they've started going up again.

I'm picking that these will be $5.25 - $6 by this time next year, depending on the property news. If I had to guess, I'd say $5.38 this time next year. 😃
    Not necessarily. Prices ARE stalling but it doesn't mean SUM won't do well. Once the public connects those things together the SP will start moving back on up.

SUM will continue to make decent profits through thick and thin. Talk of a property crash and its impact on SUM is just that

The issue is what multiples are punters prepared to pay for SUM's profits ....not SUM's actual performance. Sentiment could still see SUM share price fall further or stagnate.

I'll leave it to others to comment on whether the current 'level of sentiment' is warranted or not.

Whatever SUM will still continue to build heaps of units and make heaps of money.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Good to see our friend Mr Ogden take an interest in the SUM bonds
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Not necessarily. Prices ARE stalling but it doesn't mean SUM won't do well. Once the public connects those things together the SP will start moving back on up.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    SUM will continue to make decent profits through thick and thin. Talk of a property crash and its impact on SUM is just that

The issue is what multiples are punters prepared to pay for SUM's profits ....not SUM's actual performance. Sentiment could still see SUM share price fall further or stagnate.

I'll leave it to others to comment on whether the current 'level of sentiment' is warranted or not.

Whatever SUM will still continue to build heaps of units and make heaps of money.
    +1, agree 100%.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Handsome Member

SUM and RYM is a buy and hold for 30 years plan for me, so as long as it goes up over 30 years I will be happy
    I have def been stocking up on SUM over RYM recently. Both great companies and both seem to be executing their plans well. RYM will be top pick because they have started outside NZ, but that also means SUM will head overseas at some point as well, growth is there just need to be patient

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Hmm... I'm sure it was mentioned on here that Summerset "set their own prices" for their units? and also that the property market doesn't affect retirement stocks (never did to RYM back in 08 or something?)

No worries

Back to $5 next week (3rd time I've said this in a few weeks or something... 3rd time lucky for sure)

"...... and also that the property market doesn't affect retirement stocks (never did to RYM back in 08 or something?)......"

???????

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

"...... and also that the property market doesn't affect retirement stocks (never did to RYM back in 08 or something?)......"

???????
    If I remember correctly, (forgive me its been nearly a decade) RYM got down to an underlying PE of 12 in the midst of the greatest financial crisis the world has seen since the great depression of 1929-1935 and most interestingly continued to post increased underlying earnings through the GFC. SUM is currently at 14 with no real evidence of a GFC MK2 ! Risks more than fully priced in ?

Winner, Anne Urlwin and James Ogden pretty conservative eh...should be loading up on shares not bonds at the current price !
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If I remember correctly, (forgive me its been nearly a decade) RYM got down to an underlying PE of 12 in the midst of the greatest financial crisis the world has seen since the great depression of 1929-1935 and most interestingly continued to post increased underlying earnings through the GFC. SUM is currently at 14 with no real evidence of a GFC MK2 ! Risks more than fully priced in ?

Winner, Anne Urlwin and James Ogden pretty conservative eh...should be loading up on shares not bonds at the current price !
    We didn't really suffer with GFC 1 and I would not discount GFC 2 and we will not miss out next time me suspects!