sharetrader
Page 571 of 970 FirstFirst ... 71471521561567568569570571572573574575581621671 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 9700

This government wont last 3 years... just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    This government wont last 3 years... just saying...
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp SUM might say that's a bit of a mickey mouse look
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Little old New Zealand setting the trend for the one of the highest minimum wages in the world...... I wonder where the money is going to come from?
    Through magic, much like the rest of their policies.

"We are a low wage economy... New Zealanders deserve a wage they can live on... it is no longer acceptable to try and expect families to survive on the minimum wage as it currently is."

And legislating a high wage is what effect JA?

From SUM's perspective, the feeds to residents will just have to increase. I'm sure they'll be very pleased with that.

retirement stocks set to be the biggest losers

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/market...mmerset-drop-b
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Through magic, much like the rest of their policies.

"We are a low wage economy... New Zealanders deserve a wage they can live on... it is no longer acceptable to try and expect families to survive on the minimum wage as it currently is."

And legislating a high wage is what effect JA?

From SUM's perspective, the feeds to residents will just have to increase. I'm sure they'll be very pleased with that.
    And we will be paying that amount to kids 16 years and over. I fully want adults to earn a decent wage. Of course savings are not based on what you earn but what you spend your money on. Some people live frugal lives while others drench it against a wall and no matter how much they get paid they will never have enough.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    You reckon this government, who also promised to hold the retirement age at 65 (which is positive for the industry), is going to change the fundamental laws of time and stop people getting old??
    Will holding the retirement age at 65 have a marked positive effect given the age band of residents entering the villages being 55-70? Super payments obviously will be a net positive, but I'm not entirely convinced yet. Interested in your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    (along with the lofty $20 an hour target, cutting corporate tax to 25%, building 100,000 homes in 10 years, free uni for first years, and Winston himself walking down the pike river shaft - I look forward to seeing all these happening starting 1 Jan next year!)
    No talk of the corporate tax cut... I suspect that's goneburger.

Membaa

Has anyone mentioned the 200 DMA? Not just for SUM either. The whole sector reversed gear very quickly with the new Government announcement. It's the quick and nimble that preserve their capital gains, the rest may be left hoping for the next election, notwithstanding the promise of ongoing dividends. Just saying.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Wink Lower share price == greater value

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the 200 DMA? ...
    No. Why? Is it supposed to have some importance?
    om mani peme hum

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    No. Why? Is it supposed to have some importance?
    Typically quixotic, unless you know this isn't going lower. Do you ... know? Apart from 'it all'. Far be it from me to elaborate on the importance of a stock or a sector that succumbs to its 200 DMA, So quickly.

Still working on 40 cps underlying earnings in my model for Dec 17 so shares are trading on a current year PE of just 12 and given the strong long term prevailing demographic tailwinds I think all the bearish news is priced in. Didn't notice any radical plan to dramatically reduce immigration so I'm expecting business as usual for this well managed growth company over the years ahead.

Amazing to think you can buy a well managed company with an average five year, (soon to be six year) growth rate of 48% on a PE of just 12 !! That's a PEG ratio of just 0.25 !
    I think talk of a major decline in house prices is just that, "Talk". Change of Govt, wage rate increases and slower house price growth all now surely fully priced in with that super low PE for this sector, onward and upward from here, no worries
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-10-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine