sharetrader
Page 598 of 970 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 9700

Horses for courses. The CFO and CEO have made the point to me that SUM's independent living units are (based on their average size) amongst the very largest in the industry and also a lot of their villages are single level like a proper little village not a multi level prison style accommodation in a big rectangular block like some RYM villages.
    When I visited SUM's Hobsonville village last year their waterfront units are about 130 sq metres, regular single level units about 100 sq metres, all very very nice. Nice flush floors on the entrance way too, no chance to trip up like units I have seen at some RYM villages Some RYM villages are also well laid out but lately their trend to build intensively in prison style multi level apartment blocks or worse in a big prison style rectangular multi level block with a courtyard in the middle leaves me feeling cold and disinterested. There's more to this than just how smoothly the care center operates. Its more about the overall quality of lifestyle I think. Some of RYM's apartments are very very small and leave a lot to be desired.

I wonder how SUM's satisfaction survey's are in the mid - late 90% mark if their villages are supposed to be of a somewhat lesser standard than RYM ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-01-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Mate, I'm not talking about the size of appartments and lay out of the village here, I'm talking about what's on offer to residents in both the care centers and the independent units.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-01-2018 at 12:39 PM.

All looking good on the property front.

Another big year ahead for Summerset .....especially for development margins and for when the valuers do the fair value adjustments

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...still-firmhtml
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    All looking good on the property front.

Another big year ahead for Summerset .....especially for development margins and for when the valuers do the fair value adjustments

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...still-firmhtml
    Quite right mate. Very impressive nationwide house price growth considering the fairly significant changes the Reserve Bank made in terms of lending restrictions. Expecting further good progress this year for SUM companies on the NZX that still represent a very sound value and growth propositon.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default New Website Why Choose Summerset - Retirement village checklist

https://www.summerset.co.nz/why-choo...age-checklist/
    They had me at the picture. Two dogs.

Continued low interest rates are great for property investing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.summerset.co.nz/why-choo...age-checklist/
    They had me at the picture. Two dogs.
    Great. Move somewhere that allows yappy little mutts. I thought most villages at best allowed you a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Great. Move somewhere that allows yappy little mutts. I thought most villages at best allowed you a cat.
    Not many keep them. Speaking with the manager of their Hobsonville village last year she said they add real life to the village and are often adored by many of the other residents. They really lift some lonely residents spirits from what I hear.

Not many keep them. Speaking with the manager of their Hobsonville village last year she said they add real life to the village and are often adored by many of the other residents. They really lift some lonely residents spirits from what I hear.
    Thats nice. I am looking in the books to see the expected life span of my pet pony "Ginny". (doing my bit for planning for the future)

percy

Jolly sure I would not like a lonely neighbour with yappy little mutts, when I move into a village.

ps/Having to listen to them on Sharetrader is enough.?!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-01-2018 at 09:29 AM.