sharetrader
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yeah feels like I'm becoming endangered too!!! Still have a few years left to reach my $target and get off this equity mirage spinning wheel. Just need to time it with a property bubble collapse then switch.
    My portfolio is at a new high so there is still opportunity here for us mums and dads amongst all the shark systems and ruthless smart money algorithms in their bow ties, cannibal vampire squids and uber spin doctors. I don't have any smart software systems or recco brokers; its who i know that keeps me ahead and my ego in a bottle.
    Me too mate and well said - i do love the markets but boy some days the $(%&&(# drives one aroud the bend
    the problem we all been doing it for so long that it becomes part of you and the only way to let go is reprogramme the mind- but its the adrenalin and the liquidity that drives us i suspect lol
    Last edited by SCHUMACHER; 26-07-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    \"if women didn,t exist , all the money in the world would mean nothing\" Aristotle Anasis.

\"The trend is your friend\"

\"A mans reach should always extend beyond his grasp" J.F Kennedy

IMO

Coffee liquidity dangerous too.
    Like the air needle i had at physio; it provoked an instant sweat ,fight or flight response too.
    Have met some fantastic folks on share trader over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUMACHER View Post
    Me too mate and well said - i do love the markets but boy some days the $(%&&(# drives one aroud the bend
    the problem we all been doing it for so long that it becomes part of you and the only way to let go is reprogramme the mind- but its the adrenalin and the liquidity that drives us i suspect lol
    Yep its a wild place to have money - 5 days per week your positions are getting valued (usually on speculative matters like a news snippet, or a bad night on the US markets, or how someone important used a particular word in a sentence, and then you get the surprises like brexit), but boy do you learn a lot about investing as it all moves a lot faster than other investments like property. I feel the hardest skill to learn for me has been patience and ignoring hype/FOMO on particular stocks. The real advantage retail investors has is patience with good fundamentals and the ability to have relatively small holdings which means you can get in/out if need be a lot easier than the likes of fund managers, however we are definitely the last to receive the info and can miss aspects as we have other jobs during the day. But in terms of investments, I havnt found anything more interesting than shares, but I'm only in my late 20's and havnt even been through a decent market crash yet!
    Last edited by NZSilver; 26-07-2016 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    Yep its a wild place to have money - 5 days per week your positions are getting valued (usually on speculative matters like a news snippet, or a bad night on the US markets, or how someone important used a particular word in a sentence, and then you get the surprises like brexit), but boy do you learn a lot about investing as it all moves a lot faster than other investments like property. I feel the hardest skill to learn for me has been patience and ignoring hype/FOMO on particular stocks. The real advantage retail investors has is patience with good fundamentals and the ability to have relatively small holdings which means you can get in/out if need be a lot easier than the likes of fund managers, however we are definitely the last to receive the info and can miss aspects as we have other jobs during the day. But in terms of investments, I havnt found anything more interesting than shares, but I'm only in my late 20's and havnt even been through a decent market crash yet!
    NZ Silver - you said "I feel the hardest skill to learn for me has been patience and ignoring hype/FOMO on particular stocks. "

Good that in your late 20's as ive just hit 40 and have had plenty of experience however - sometimes FOMO can suck you in - "
    My rule numero uno is this ... " never , never let emotion rule " or as Arnold Schwartznegger says " you will lose"

this is absolute KEY IMO
    Last edited by SCHUMACHER; 26-07-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    \"if women didn,t exist , all the money in the world would mean nothing\" Aristotle Anasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Coffee liquidity dangerous too.
    Like the air needle i had at physio; it provoked an instant sweat ,fight or flight response too.
    Have met some fantastic folks on share trader over the years.

Haha yes Indeed careful of that piping hot hit of joyfullness

back to DTL now what do they do??? - rule number 2 - Thoroughly understand the companies you invest in
    Disclaimer : i hold no DTL
    Last edited by SCHUMACHER; 26-07-2016 at 01:10 PM.

IMO

30% profit increase Key metrics a wet dream to behold
    PDF

IMO

$1.635 atm at or close to a 10 year high. Outlook for HY 2017 25 to 40% increase d guidance.Portfolio Investment Grade keeper atp.

IMO

Could this be a prob?. Ive lost on stocks before where the govt pulls the plug, changes the goal posts on big contracts. Have sold as a precaution, taking great profits (paid 76c sold re $1.805)and building a warchest for the mkt correction if/when it comes this last third of the year.
    https://www.itnews.com.au/news/data3...ng-deal-468848

IMO

Anyone still int in this? very good results but s/p still dribbling down atm. Am still out , watching.S/p dropped through 180DMA.
    Download Document 138.86KB
    Dividend/Distribution - DTL
    DTL delivers record profit with revenues over $1 billion
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 18-09-2017 at 10:35 PM.

Advanced Member

There's a millstone around the whole sector at the moment. RXP (where I still have a reduced holding) announces great result but doesn't move. EPD (I've sold out now) turned the corner but it's not reflected in the SP. Best to stay on the sidelines at the moment.