sharetrader
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: LPC

Hey Snoop the writing is on the wall they will sell to someone but it will be selling of the company and not the land same sort of deal as before with Hutchisons. The whole past trials and tribulations could have just been set up to get to where we are now with LPC and port chalmers working together to get a lever over the shipping companies and why not aussie ports don't get hammered on port charges like we do in NZ, for the simple reason they are not fighting each other for business, ports in NZ have been dancing to the shipping companies tune for too long here in NZ at the detriment to all who work in the industry, ports and their workers, good on them I say.
    The scary part is selling off the working side of the ports to overseas companies,what Labour was against,now with a National government in place it can all change, we don't want to go down the same road as rail with no investment with the downside affecting our countrys ability for growth. Time will tell whether Mr. Key can control and steer this ship past that pirate Mr. hide because he will want to sell sell sell.
    I don't bloody believe it

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Snoopy, I don't mind being taken out as long as the price is right:o
    Hi Snoopy, I wish you well, but it is game over for me.

Why is CCHL hlding just over 78% of LPC? Why such an odd number of shareholding?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

DR Who maximum increase in holding they could make with out triggering a Compulsory Takeover offer. From Previous Holding
    Possum The Cat

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    DR Who maximum increase in holding they could make with out triggering a Compulsory Takeover offer. From Previous Holding
    Why hold 78% when you can T/O the company and own 100%. Why 78%?
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    Why hold 78% when you can T/O the company and own 100%. Why 78%?
    CCHL can't take over the company Dr Who, because Port of Otago Limited holds a blocking stake of 15% and POL are not selling! Until POL and LPC see a joint way forward it is a stalemate.

CCHL have just bought as many LPC shares as they can under the existing creep rules. The $2.75 bid was just a tactic to shake out weak sellers before the final end game for listed LPC some time in 2009 (?). $2.75 is an high historic price but it doesn't reflect the progress the underlying business since the $2.20 takeover offer. I am expecting to eventually be bought out at near to $3.

SNOOPY

discl: hold LPC
    Last edited by Snoopy; 27-11-2008 at 05:30 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Snoopy, I wish you well, but it is game over for me.
    Fair enough Airedale. You have done well out of LPC. And there are certainly plenty of opportunities out there to reinvest your cash at bargain prices. You may be switching at just the right time. Me? I'll wait until the end game and capture the 'bird in the hand' in its full glory.

SNOOPY

discl: hold LPC
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Hope you don't miss the boat there. The stand got taken up pretty quickly. I have been a holder of this stock for years.
    In this current market $2.75 is a good result. I have taken my profits and will move on to other opportunities.
    In a hundred years who'll give a s h i t

Well so far all good for the people who sold. LPC down to $2.55. A .20cent profit already.
    If they keep falling maybe it is time to get back in.
    CHCH will not be able to buy any more under the creep provisions (they are creeps ) so there will be very few buyers now.

I bet the people who sold their 2,500,000 shares are feeling happy.
    In a hundred years who'll give a s h i t

Quote Originally Posted by devito View Post

I bet the people who sold their 2,500,000 shares are feeling happy.
    Indeed . I am happy with any profit in this market.