sharetrader
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: LPC

percy Have a llok at water depth in Melbourne may take a lot of dredging. What I saw in an obscure article (sorry I can not remember where as some months ago)was that Marsden point SYdney & Brisbane were the most suitable for even bigger container ships in the feasability studies (that is if my Memory is correct for Australia)
    Last edited by POSSUM THE CAT; 01-10-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: add to post
    Possum The Cat

percy

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    percy Have a llok at water depth in Melbourne may take a lot of dredging. What I saw in an obscure article (sorry I can not remember where as some months ago)was that Marsden point SYdney & Brisbane were the most suitable for even bigger container ships in the feasability studies (that is if my Memory is correct for Australia)
    I stand corrected.marsden point,makes lyttelton,otago arguement secondary if the big boats cann't get in their harbours.as you point out Melbourne may take a lot of dredging.

Percy that is why I do not hold shares in TPW log ships have already run aground there Auckland is also going to be a problem I believe but will probally be the most practical for smaller transfer container ships. The Railways may even get a boost
    Possum The Cat

percy

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Percy that is why I do not hold shares in TPW log ships have already run aground there Auckland is also going to be a problem I believe but will probally be the most practical for smaller transfer container ships. The Railways may even get a boost
    please do not ever sell TPW shares.Just buy them.Sell POT may be.!!!lol
    Now,, lets go back to the madness.Dredge POA because it may attract a large ship,dredge POT because it may attract a large ship,dredge lyttleton because it may attract a large ship,dredge Otago
    because it may attract a large ship.Hell lets just keep dredging,wellington,new plymouth,napier,Bluff and anywhere else that one day may attract a large ship.

percy

Yesterday I read the POT annual report printed copy.Any one following ports in NZ may I suggest you read it.Gives a history of the port,and a very good insight into port operations and the future with regards to large ships and ship visits.I was greatly impressed with POT You can go to www.port-tauranga.co.nz to view.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    With LPC partially out of action for a while ... Where will the ships affected be un/loading?
    Partially is the correct word.All shipping still un/loading at LPC.

Look at the share price. The price plot looks like the trajectory of a drunk stumbling off the end of a wharf.

Some must have been buying in anticipation of the small shareholders being brought out to facilitate the now canceled merger.

Boop boop de doo

Marilyn
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 13-10-2010 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Look at the share price. The price plot looks like the trajectory of a drunk stumbling off the end of a wharf. Some must have been buying in anticipation of the small shareholders being bought out to facilitate the now cancelled merger.
    Earlier today Marilyn there were no buyers listed and one seller for LPC at $3. If a buyer had come in the shares would have closed today at an all time high, rather than $2.25. LPC has restricted liquidity. It is very close to being a private equity investment now. I would say these low liquidity share price movements do not reflect changes in the underlying value of the company. BTW, I believe that CCHL still wants to buy out the minority shareholders, merger or not.

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Earlier today Marilyn there were no buyers listed and one seller for LPC at $3. If a buyer had come in the shares would have closed today at an all time high, rather than $2.25. LPC has restricted liquidity. It is very close to being a private equity investment now. I would say these low liquidity share price movements do not reflect changes in the underlying value of the company. BTW, I believe that CCHL still wants to buy out the minority shareholders, merger or not.

SNOOPY
    Offcourse they want 100%,then they can do something positve with either Auckland or Tauranga.Otago is a step backwards.ps.have a look at POT chart.

Things can't be good with the new quake 5km directly beneath Lyttelton . Hope everyone is doing ok down there.