sharetrader
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: LPC

Default You can run it from a golf course with a cell phone.

There was an item in the Christchurch Press commenting on Pater Davies million dollar salary.

Where does Lyttelton Port Co sit on Jim Andertons "you can run it from a golf course with a cell phone" scale of difficulties for Peoples Republic of Christchurch company CEO's?

Boop boop de do

Marilyn

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    There was an item in the Christchurch Press commenting on Pater Davies million dollar salary.

Where does Lyttelton Port Co sit on Jim Andertons "you can run it from a golf course with a cell phone" scale of difficulties for Peoples Republic of Christchurch company CEO's?

Boop boop de do

Marilyn
    Well going by the share price it would appear to have been badly run from shareholders' point of view, whether from a golf course or where ever.
    Seller at @ $2.05 compared with a trade at $2.00 a year ago.
    Port of Tauranga share price has gone from $9.99 to $13.45.!!!

Percy Port of Tauranga was not badly damaged by earthquake. Damage may take up to 10 years to rectify
    Possum The Cat

percy

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Percy Port of Tauranga was not badly damaged by earthquake. Damage may take up to 10 years to rectify
    The share price may take longer to perform.????? lol.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Well going by the share price it would appear to have been badly run from shareholders' point of view, whether from a golf course or where ever.
    Seller at @ $2.05 compared with a trade at $2.00 a year ago.
    Port of Tauranga share price has gone from $9.99 to $13.45.!!!
    On a thinly traded share like this Percy, the share price isn't always right. However congratulations on your success with POT. Time to move some of those profits back to LPC do you think?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-01-2013 at 04:25 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    On a thinly traded share like this Percy, the share price isn't always right. However congratulations on your success with POT. Time to move some of those profits back to LPC do you think?

SNOOPY
    I keep taking profits,or taking the top off my investments.Instead of remaining in cash I have spread myself around more.Difworseification.
    At one stage I appeared to have too much in shares that were paying either no dividends [HNZ and SUM]and others like POT and RYM which pay very little in dividends.So HNZ starting to pay divies and the hope SUM will start paying divies at the end of the year makes me more relaxed.I am finding it difficult to find investments I want to add to in NZ and have been busy researching/buying a few small cap medical and industrial stocks in Aussie.
    I think you are most probably right,I should buy some LPC.Will try to do some reading.Still feel LPC has an excellent future.
    Those fuel storage tanks still take up too much room.Should be at Woolston and cool stores in their space.I noticed logs by the fuel storage area and along the railway line,so logs may take up some coal slack.Car imports should have been profitable,as are containners.Cruise ship visits will be a modest earner in the future ,and diary exports should be strong.ChCh rebuild will need to use LPC so more growth there.[talking myself into it already] Strong board.
    Last edited by percy; 11-01-2013 at 04:51 PM.

percy

Insurance problems?
    I wonder whether LPC are having trouble convincing the insurance company the "Barney white elephant"wharfes have a value?.
    The insurance company may be of the opinion unused wharfes are value less?.
    Still watching.May buy when divie is reintroduced.Meantime POT are performing very well.

LPC Increases Full Year Profit Forecast

1:45pm, 3 May 2013 | FORECAST

Following a Board meeting on 2 May 2013, Lyttelton Port of Christchurch wishes to announce a revised Earthquake-adjusted Profit after taxation projection in the range of $15 million to $16 million for the financial year ending 30 June 2013. This reflects strong business performance.
    This is an increase from the advice on 29 February 2013 to the market of a forecast between $13 million to $15 million.
    Chief Executive Peter Davie stated "The port has handled record numbers of containers and seen consistent growth across its other trades. In March, we handled a record 34,877 TEU in the Container Terminal and attracted two new bulk break cargo services."
    The Company continues to focus on delivering strong underlying business growth whilst planning for the reinstatement of its earthquake damaged assets.
    -Ends-
    For further information contact:
    PETER DAVIE
    Chief Executive
    Lyttelton Port of Christchurch
    027 444 1254

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    LPC Increases Full Year Profit Forecast

1:45pm, 3 May 2013 | FORECAST

Following a Board meeting on 2 May 2013, Lyttelton Port of Christchurch wishes to announce a revised Earthquake-adjusted Profit after taxation projection in the range of $15 million to $16 million for the financial year ending 30 June 2013. This reflects strong business performance.
    This is an increase from the advice on 29 February 2013 to the market of a forecast between $13 million to $15 million.
    Chief Executive Peter Davie stated "The port has handled record numbers of containers and seen consistent growth across its other trades. In March, we handled a record 34,877 TEU in the Container Terminal and attracted two new bulk break cargo services."
    The Company continues to focus on delivering strong underlying business growth whilst planning for the reinstatement of its earthquake damaged assets.
    -Ends-
    For further information contact:
    PETER DAVIE
    Chief Executive
    Lyttelton Port of Christchurch
    027 444 1254
    I would argue the good news has already been priced in. The price has already risen 10% in the last week. I would hope this is not a leak, but it smells like it.

It is a very thinly traded - the 10% increase was on the back of 20,000 shares purchase over a week. Maybe someone just wanted to get in, but yes, the timing seems a little suspicious.