sharetrader
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: LPC

percy

I was going to write a fair bit on this subject,then I realised I would be sued.
    So all I can add is a "Yeah Right.!"

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I was going to write a fair bit on this subject,then I realised I would be sued.
    So all I can add is a "Yeah Right.!"
    I think it unlikely that i would be sued. While I might think remuneration advisers are a bunch of gibbering baboons I would never say so in public. Oh wait.. Percy you tricked me.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I think it unlikely that i would be sued. While I might think remuneration advisers are a bunch of gibbering baboons I would never say so in public. Oh wait.. Percy you tricked me.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Sorry I tricked you,and I agree with you.
    Offcourse the people engaging theses people are the very people who end up paying them.A win win situation except for shareholders who lose out.Maybe if shareholders commissioned "independent" advisers we would see more modest pays.?!

Default Grumpy truck drivers

Truck drivers are allways grumpy but this time they are really grumpy.

Seems disruptions in Australia, last minute shipping schedule changes, large volumes of dairy exports, the Chrischurch rebuild and the Cook Staight lost propellor incident are all causing congestion at the Port.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...costs-millions

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

percy

I wonder if LPC are using the same computer program/system as Postie Plus.Does not work for Postie either.
    May pay for them to use the same one as Port of Tauranga.
    Ships just don't turn up with half an hours notice.
    Maybe money would have been put to better use upgrading LPC's computer than paying it out to Pete.!

I wonder if LPC are using the same computer program/system as Postie Plus.!
    I understand the backend database used by LPC is MSSQL. This is a widely deployed application with a good reputation and widely supported by developers. Of course its usefulness is dependent on the software in front of it which interacts with users. I have not heard of any complaints in this regard. LPC have deployed a booth system where drivers can interact with system without having to go the terminal office and hand paperwork over the counter. I understand this has been welcomed by drivers and has lowered dwell times for drivers at the terminal.

I think that they have been overwhelmed by a wall of boxes.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. Those who wonder why Bill Gates is one of the worlds richest men have never brought MSSQL software from Microsoft. Of course you can allways go for the alternative ORACLE and help Larry Ellison buy a new yacht.

percy

Yes a wall of boxes.
    With land in Opawa and owing NZ Express Co,I would have thought they would have got themselves organised before the ships arrived in port.

percy

Good to see LPC have settled with their insurers for approx. $450mil.
    Interestingly enough the market cap of LPC @$2.65 per share is only $271mil.!!??

On the doghouse

Good to see LPC have settled with their insurers for approx. $450mil.
    Interestingly enough the market cap of LPC @$2.65 per share is only $271mil.!!??
    Yes, and that means on 28th February 2014, LPC will receive a cash payment of $4.40 per share.
    So at $2.65 on the market you are paying 60c to get one dollar's worth of assets, plus you get the whole of Lyttelton Port thrown in for free! Suddenly looks very cheap at $2.65 doesn't it? But not withstanding the above, this is the bit of the announcement that I like:

"LPC is looking to put in place contract works insurance cover (including earthquake cover) for the rebuild programme. Work is progressing on the rebuild of Cashin Quay 2 and the Company expects to be able to fully insure this asset (including for earthquake) when the reinstatement is completed. It is anticipated that as the overall programme progresses, all assets will be able to be fully insured."

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Well not sure what I was doing today??
    My reaction time went from slow,to very slow,then dead slow.By the time I reversed it,and got back up to full power slow speed, I spent the afternoon chasing the LPC shareprice,without success. The train has left the station with me still in the ticket office trying to buy a ticket.!!! With so few good trains,one really has to be more alert.!!