sharetrader
Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1847

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    hi strat, been looking at some basic volume charts going back a bit and there seems to have been some fairly high volumes in cue recent times without much movement in price. how does that come about? in my very basic analysis i had thought continued high volume wld influence price one way or other or is it momentum building????
    Hi Roy,
    You will read a lot about traders manipulating prices, capping and the like. While I know it does happen a lot I reckon a lot less than you read on forums. Personally I like to look at it simply and like this. The forces being created by both buyers and sellers are equal if the price is not moving. I think in the last few run ups with CUE there were quite a few holders who had run out of patience selling into the new interest in the stock and this is why it took a while to get going price wise. I remember watching the intraday and wondering if the sellers would ever dry up. Then again that might have been another stock lol. I did drugs when I was young ( depends on which period exactly you are talking about).

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by STRAT; 18-08-2009 at 08:25 PM.

Just had a look at the chart.
    Notice all the high volume days are up days with the exception being the 24th (green line on chart) but on this day CUE gapped up at open ( some impetuous buyer getting a bit carried away maybe ) all in all looking good. Then the sell signals came and the price has been retracing ever since but on lower volume ( day traders getting out perhaps plus the overall turn in Markets in general and the POO )
    My hunch is CUE will continue to slip as long as the POO and the Markets in general are slipping and its a bit early to be worried about that. Next couple of days I might change my mind though.

Just my 2c worth. Dont forget Im no expert
    Last edited by STRAT; 18-08-2009 at 08:26 PM.

With the Poo up strongly today.....= a rebound in Cue today? -onwards to a new high soon.

Hawke.
    “For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to Win.”

hey Hawke,
    CUE back in business this morning...
    one of the best...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Strat/Phaedrus, can you draw up a better chart? My edited asb securities in paint doesnt quite cut it! Gives an idea though...new mac arriving tomorrow!

Looks like a symmetrical triangle is well underway here. Well a slightly steeper angle from the top which is bearish.

Circa 50/50 chance breakout.

Last edited by upside_umop; 20-08-2009 at 01:52 PM.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    Strat/Phaedrus, can you draw up a better chart? My edited asb securities in paint doesnt quite cut it! Gives an idea though...new mac arriving tomorrow!

Looks like a symmetrical triangle is well underway here. Well a slightly steeper angle from the top which is bearish.

Circa 50/50 chance breakout.

Hi Ooooomop.
    If your chart was logarithmic it would be close enough to symmetrical I reckon. CUE slipped through the upper line today while going sideways so wouldnt call it as much of anything. Momentum and volume dropping off. My guess is we are in for some more typical CUE. ie going sideways. Next couple of days might make things clearer. Incidentally none of the sell indicators in the earlier chart marked by the red lines have reversed
    Last edited by STRAT; 20-08-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Cool

Strachan in Stockanalysis today , gives CUE as the better entry ahead of MEO into the 20TCF big "A" play next to the giants on NWS

Super pissed with the IRD atm have been waiting for 8 weeks now for my tax rebate for my share trading aways planned to buy more CUE when the accountant first sent the IRD the imfo CUE was 13.5c arrrgg still will pay 20c now as CUE should well fly in the future..
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Default The BIG Picture

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Short term trend line break
    Drop below the 8dma
    OBV trendline break
    Drop in RSI
    Engulfing candle on Friday.
    Everything STRAT says here is quite correct, but as he points out, these are short-term signals.

It is possible to stand too close to the action and miss the big picture. There is little point in sweating the small stuff. Take a look at this 4 year overview to get a sense of perspective of CUE and where it is going. For those that are not interested in active trading, see how ignoring a lot of market noise and keeping solely to the really big signals nevertheless gives good returns.

CUE is quite a volatile stock - it pays to give it a bit of room to breathe.

hummm, accelerating uptrend...
    I like that...
    what phaedrus's chart does not say is that the time from when TA signals were negative, from August 2008 until May 2009, was when CUE's SP should have been rising because Maari was derisking... week on week...
    The mother of Crashes held this back and now its unleashing...
    We have made a great mark on the Taranaki region, to ramp all future activities off...
    This field already has larger reserves than TUI...
    Manaia, M2A, and maybe the lower zone (kapuni group) is close to double TUI reserves...
    This company is going places just on this one project...
    got to have this support for a company with low downside risk (hehehehe)

Those cashflows are injected back into the business, so we might not see it on the balance sheet like NZO, not until after 2015 when PNG comes in and at that point we will be a bigger growth story than NZO...
    mark my Words...Long term view...
    much happening in the short term also....

Next quarterly should be a ripper with cargo timing out in the last quarter, and oil recieved... Maari oil gets 50c (+,-) than the Brent Benchmark...
    So when I see Brent at 72.77 US per barrel right now im amazed to see CUE low even if CUE was a one project company...
    $73 US barrels in the biggest market recession in 80 years,
    something is up... Invest in oil...
    CUE worth 40cents right now even with Artemis failure factored in (PA)...

Phaedrus,
    I have a question if you wouldnt mind...
    Do you think that Markets are efficient, or inefficient?...
    For example,
    is all information incoporated into the market value,
    What about publications eg press.. or are markets just heard mentality?...
    interesting question...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    what phaedrus's chart does not say is that the time from when TA signals were negative, from August 2008 until May 2009, was when CUE's SP should have been rising because Maari was derisking... week on week...
    The mother of Crashes held this back

.^sc
    You have it in a nut shell Shrewdy. Theres more to the share price than just the prospects and activities within any company. Thats why I like TA. You should get into it. Youd have a good running shoe on both feet then and thered be no stopping ya.
    Last edited by STRAT; 21-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.