sharetrader
Page 105 of 185 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1847

...strat...you have meet him....really.....is he slow to offend...i imagine he is......tell me more...is he rich.....no ..it may appear that i am taking the pi.. but i would love to meet him...cheers

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ...strat...you have meet him....really.....is he slow to offend...i imagine he is......tell me more...is he rich.....no ..it may appear that i am taking the pi.. but i would love to meet him...cheers
    Hi troyvdh. I didnt ask for bank account details and I didnt try to piss him off so I cant answer those questions. I can tell you I expected to like him and I wasnt disappointed. If you live in or near Auckland come to one of the ST meetings. They are pretty much just an excuse to go to the pub anyway

as a side note and often the case in a printed medium. A lot here dont get his sense of humour
    He wouldnt be the only one on this site misunderstood in this way either.
    Last edited by STRAT; 24-08-2009 at 07:37 PM.

Sorry Macca,I feel like Im talking about you behind your back here but I guess you will read this some time.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    It aint TA or FA. Its street smarts and good perception of the big and bigger picture.
    Isn't 'Scottish cunning' the technical term for that?
    NGE, NWE, STX

Phaedrus-I am NOT picking on FA. I am bagging averaging down. Illustrating the need for Stop-Losses. Showing what happens when you add to losing positions. Demonstrating the need for exit strategies. Portraying what happens to those that choose to ignore market sentiment.
    Phaedrus,
    I didnt average down on CUE... I never averaged down on WCUO even though I was told to... looking back, I have not done this.... stop losses-It was good I didnt have a stop loss with CUE, because I probably wouldnt have gotten back in...exit strategies-my exit strategy is realisation of the fundamentals I saw... market sentiment- well..............if its worth 40c and the market crashes, then its worth my buy in price.......
    look mate.... I like what you do, but when you come here posting that stuff, I take it as a challenge on FA.... Because you are not addressing posters in particular, I take that as a personal challenge on me...
    I told you the same thing awhile back...
    by not addressing individuals you are generalisating all Fundamental analysts into one group, and I refuse to be grouped into something I dont know what im being grouped into...(refer early Phaedrus post)...
    name the stock, and name the posters... its not fair on the rest of us...
    do one of me if you can.... please....

im sweaky clean.... im not perfect...
    I stuffed up investing in resource stocks, (investing in things I didnt know much about)...
    I bought into CTP when wise heads said no...
    I wanted to gamble on two wildcats... I hate losing money even on a gamble...

You carry the seeds of your own destruction, Shrewdy. You claim "I personally don't make mistakes when I go in large". That is your Achilles heel, right there. Hubris. You cannot conceive of ever getting it wrong, so you see no need to have a plan in place to handle that possibility.
    In 6 years I have been all in 4 times... I said my story only a couple of days ago... I freakin went all in on MEO 20,000 shares one buck ten AUS, and dumped the lot before the crash...
    So yeah... I got it wrong... but I got it right....
    what you mean I didnt have a plan...
    read the MEO thread...

and the other 3 times NWE, PPP, CUE,
    those positions looked very pretty off that info, and I didnt sell until that info changed, or I was proven right...
    I wont go all in until I see another great stock....And Ive already seen it... so im amping for CUE to ramp up quickly so I can move some funds on...
    my cheque came today cos Ive been holding offshore funds...
    im not getting a hot exchange rate, but im buying BUL next week....

If a stock you have bought goes down, you think it is the market that has got it wrong, not you. THAT is what destroyed the mug-punters featured in the chart. Arrogance, overconfidence and their bull-headed refusal to accept that they had made a mistake. Like you, they thought they were right every time.
    Phaedrus,
    apart from CUE name me one other time where I said "it is the market that got it wrong"................ and that is the ball game...
    please give me examples of what you mean.....
    so the DOW crashed to 6500...
    I said it was a total overreaction on the NZ market overview and outlook thread... it was a generation blip that I thought I could beat.....
    now I know for next time...

Ok... I got smashed...
    I lost 50% of my wealth... in 2008 95% of investors Worldwide lost 50% of their wealth... Fact...
    yep...
    mackdunk didnt lose that... you probably didnt lose that...
    but then, I dont know what your doing...

it happened... I was told to dump the lot at the bottom... people said this, and people said that...but I believed in what I believed in....I said that the sharemarket was priced at a depression like state, when the real economy was only in a recession...
    http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?t=6527
    read my posts here... theres also an interesting section (later on) about why the market crashed happened...

They were unwilling or unable to accept even the possibility that they might have got one wrong. So they rode it right to the bottom, trumpeting their "rightness", scoffing at the market, TA, fund managers etc the whole way down.
    Shrewdy, those mugs didn't lose all that money because they used FA. They lost big-time because they were overconfident and had no exit strategy, no contingency plan.
    well... I probably scoffed all the way down too...
    I dont know which stock you are posting about, but the CUE story was, and always was just like I said...

Maari/manaia is the current value of company...
    Manaia is an appraisal well drilling right now and I like it...
    I very very rarely make calls on exploration/appraisal wells before they come in...
    and,
    a portfolio of rippers (bigger than Maari, all for free)...
    PNG- PNG LNG.COM, Barikewa, Kimu, Cobra discovery, SE Gobe
    Timor Sea- Cash Maple 120 BCF 2P...
    WA- 5 permits... Zeus 80CPS failed... Artemis (just as big coming soon)
    Bass Basin... spikey beach free carry spudding in weeks, offers 10CPS upside...
    NZ taranaki.... Maari, Manaia, Matariki...
    Indonesia... Oyong, Sampang, Wortel, Jeruk doesnt matter

Strat,
    I have said many nice things about Mackdunk in the Past...
    all that stuff still stands...
    I dont kiss arrssseee, so I wont repeat it....

a few months ago posters came here angry at the company, angry at all sorts of things...
    JDG sold out which was sad, because that cat held on all the way and missed a hurdle at the end...stumbled.... fell...
    and I hope he gets back up,
    I hope he gets into CSG and becomes a Texas oil man, straight out of south Eastern Asia...
    we Have Texas next door...
    dont miss this one...
    im in next week

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    but when you come here posting that stuff, I take it as a challenge on FA.... Because you are not addressing posters in particular, I take that as a personal challenge on me...

.^sc
    then I think you missed the point Shrewdy

twice

Please go on...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

A good balance of both T/A an F/A is needed IMHO if your a trader even more so..

If your a long term investor F/A is by far more important , yeah with the likes of CUE why the hell not average down if the F/A screams great buy @15c etc-- buy
    just make sure your've put alot of effort in the F/A cause it will cost you if you don't

As me misses says balance is the key
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

It was good I didnt have a stop-loss with CUE
    You reckon? Let me show you how they work using your actual CUE entries. The charts should be self-explanatory.

Shrewdy, at one point there you were down well over 50% on your entries. Even now, over a year later, both positions are still underwater. The addition of some simple TA or the use of a stop-loss would have seen you in a very different financial situation.

when you come here posting that stuff, I take it as a challenge on FA....
    Why do you do that? All I have done is try to come up with a set of useful rules that would have helped the poor sods featured in that unfortunate chart. Rules like :-
    (1) Never buy a stock in a downtrend.
    (2) Never add to a losing position.
    (3) Never let small losses become big losses.
    Why do you see the discussion of such issues as a challenge to FA? The best, most competent posters here on ST have no difficulty whatsoever reconciling the 2 approaches. People like Winner69, Hoop, Lizard, Warthog, Halebop and Footsie don't waste time on the TA vs FA argument. They use both.

Because you are not addressing posters in particular, I take that as a personal challenge on me...
    There is a word for that Shrewdy. Paranoia. What is the point of me identifying the punters that featured in that chart? Surely the poor sods have suffered enough? Why on earth should you take something meant as a general discussion topic as a "personal challenge"?

my exit strategy is realisation of the fundamentals I saw
    That sounds more like an idea than a strategy to me.

I got smashed...I lost 50% of my wealth...
    Shrewdy, if you had had an effective exit strategy in place, that wouldn't have happened. I got smashed in the '87 crash and resolved to monitor market sentiment much more closely with a view to avoiding losses of such a crippling magnitude. I learnt. You should too!
    Last edited by Phaedrus; 25-08-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Typo fixed.

Phaedrus,
    With a stop loss, I probably wouldnt have bought back into CUE, I would have sold and bought something else that many have quite likely lost me more than what ive lost now over the last year...

It was a market thing, not company specific...
    I can deal with that...
    I hate losing money... I dont mind losing some time...
    The market crash that ensued, well...
    what can I say...

I am very happy...
    You are right,
    I will never get into a TA, FA debate again...
    I do know how important TA is...
    I have nothing to be paranoid about...
    I like your work...
    have a great week...
    Yeeahhhhhh hharrggghhhh....

.^sc