sharetrader
Page 114 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1847
    special needs

CUE is just one of those unloved shares, much like WCL. no doubt it will have its time but market tends not to attribute as much weight to positive announcements as they do with others, HZN for example. I hold both, but HZN seems to be the flavour (at least this month) on the strength of news no more postive than CUE. Might be reflected in Phaddys market sentiment graph!

Default To Shrewd Dude

Happy Birthday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigminty View Post
    Happy Birthday
    Happy Birthday Shrewdy. I am back Monday. Well said Big Minty. On Cue.
    Cheers

A little bit late from me here SC but Happy B'day to ya there .

Hope you've had a good one~!

Default Unloved share ?

evilroyrule,
    (or anyone else with an opinion)
    Do unloved shares eventually shake off the shackles, or does a remnent of the stigma remain forever, holding the sp a little lower (once mature) than it could have been if it had been loved from the get-go.

or,
    what does it take for that 'market sentiment switch' to be flicked over the the 'flavour-of-the-month' sentiment?

Quote Originally Posted by tobo View Post
    evilroyrule,
    (or anyone else with an opinion)
    Do unloved shares eventually shake off the shackles, or does a remnent of the stigma remain forever, holding the sp a little lower (once mature) than it could have been if it had been loved from the get-go.

or,
    what does it take for that 'market sentiment switch' to be flicked over the the 'flavour-of-the-month' sentiment?
    Dont believe in the love/hate thing or at least I would name it something else.
    But what ever we decide to call it. it can change in a second. The Market is a fickle lover.

Veteran novice

Just a thought but the "loved/unloved" thing depends very much on how a company is presented/promoted, at least until results start to speak for themselves.
    I think it's fair to say that neither Todds nor SPC seem to have much interest, or maybe, need, to promote CUE so it's left to media and analysts to do their own work.
    Possible also that the Maari/Manaia interest, at only 5%, tends to fall below the radar for a lot of investors.

Just gives an opportunity to those with an interest in the stock to get set at reasonable prices.

Disc: Holding CUE.
    Last edited by macduffy; 27-09-2009 at 12:18 PM.

special needs

thanks macduff, well put.

strat, unloved was a euphemism rather than a new technical expression. i thought it captured the overlooked [insert your own word] status imo of this share, despite SC's best endeavours!

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    thanks macduff, well put.

strat, unloved was a euphemism rather than a new technical expression. i thought it captured the overlooked [insert your own word] status imo of this share, despite SC's best endeavours!
    I realize that Roy. I guess I was just saying in a round about way that the Markets are a lot less emotional ( love, hate, fear and greed ) than people give them credit for.

More like dealing with someone with a knife in hand and demanding your wallet than dealing with a moody girlfriend, boyfriend, husband or wife

thanks...
    what a weekend...

I havent had time to have an indepth look at the Annual Report...
    but I did see 27 million dollars of write downs...
    When will they learn,
    Write ups mate... not write downs...

these chumps are writing down whereever they can.... What about writing up?
    They have Production properties consolidated at 68 million dollars?
    Im going to look into this further, but 68 million seems way low when company will earn more than that next year!

this company is too prudent, uncommunicative with shareholders, not rampant enough about what it has...
    I mean come on....
    These PNG assets are virtual reserves...

and sitting on ripper assets...Timor sea...
    mate.. one day, up from the ground will come a bubbling crude...
    a inventory of crude pooring at such velocity that this outfit wont know what to do with it... so what do they do to calm the market?...
    more writedowns.... more of the same old...

For some reason, they dont want to expose what CUE really has going on for itself...

in the mean time, as we wait for some of these assets to eventuate into dollar assets, we are given the old 'writedown' tone again...
    two years ago it was the same thing....
    pity that...
    oh well... with mega Maari and diversified production streams with 20 million per year from Gas assets for the long term to come-(oyong gas, Wortel gas) then next years cashflow will be booming esp when we take into account full Maari production when development costs cease, at which time the cashflows will go straight to the bottom line......
    heres hoping that CUE put a strong run on the board, because in the next two/three months, when much of the current activities come in, then I want to sell some stock to pursue other means...
    im looking at
    BUL
    NGE
    and others...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though