sharetrader
Page 115 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1847

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    thanks...
    what a weekend...

this company is too prudent, uncommunicative with shareholders, not rampant enough about what it has...
    I mean come on....
    These PNG assets are virtual reserves...

and sitting on ripper assets...Timor sea...

For some reason, they dont want to expose what CUE really has going on for itself...

oh well... with mega Maari and diversified production streams with 20 million per year from Gas assets for the long term to come-(oyong gas, Wortel gas) then next years cashflow will be booming esp when we take into account full Maari production when development costs cease, at which time the cashflows will go straight to the bottom line......
    heres hoping that CUE put a strong run on the board, because in the next two/three months, when much of the current activities come in, then I want to sell some stock to pursue other means...
    im looking at
    BUL
    NGE
    and others...

.^sc
    Shrewdy..why are you surprised that CUE is playing down there assets. This is not unique to CUE. Its all about timing the big news to the market .... I have seen it all before, "drill and find oil and gas traces" and the price drops.

Those of us on the inside hear differently only to find at some time later the field is a winner :mad:

I do not know this is the case with CUE but it sounds suspicious.

My CUE shares are staying wth me and if it dips anymore I will be buying.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Shrewdy..why are you surprised that CUE is playing down there assets. This is not unique to CUE. Its all about timing the big news to the market .... I have seen it all before, "drill and find oil and gas traces" and the price drops.

Those of us on the inside hear differently only to find at some time later the field is a winner :mad:

I do not know this is the case with CUE but it sounds suspicious.

My CUE shares are staying wth me and if it dips anymore I will be buying.
    Oiler good points. It is my thinking exactally. It is not so true with NZO but here with CUE especially so. I noriced this several years before buying into CUE and pointed out that i thing the Todd,s influence is coming through here.Especially the bit where you say and give nothing away.Next to no communation when a little would be very helpful. It did not go down too well.
    I reentered CUE after about 7 years away at 15 cents during the recent cash issue. Did this by reading behind the lines and drawing own conclusions.Stick the shares in the bottom drawer and keep them if possible.
    Shrewdy ,you do an excellent job of making the rest of us lasy by just reading your informative comments. They have helped me to make my decision to get back into CUE. It would be a bad call to now think you are off chasing something else when the cash flow is finally coming through.
    digger

Digger-It would be a bad call to now think you are off chasing something else when the cash flow is finally coming through.
    Hey Digger,
    I dont have a problem selling CUE, so long as I outperform it...
    This might sound abit silly from the rampant view ive posted on this thread for 2 years, but CUE is only a means to make money, and if I can outperform it for the given level of risk then I will sell it in a heartbeat...
    I thought that this was low risk (based on downside protected from future diversified revenue streams, and upside... wow.... this is in the eyes of the beholder)...

looking back, maybe it was a bad call of me personally investing in CUE even though it had low down and big up in theory...
    and perhaps I should have taken abit more risk, and looked for a bigger return...
    But I did sleep well during those dark days on the market knowing that we fell back on OMV and Todds and Maari... and oil search.... blah blah blah...
    There was never any doubt that CUE has/had great, and I mean great assets (like I hadnt seen before), diversified across South East Asia... PNG major upside lower risk appraisal on discovered resources, Indonesia for revenue kick, and of course Maari Manaia, and AUS WA and Bass Basin, and Timor Sea...
    but, all this low key market releases, and 'popa slow play' style of management has really slowed down the returns side of things and drawn out what really doesnt need to be drawn out...

Oiler,
    I always knew that this was CUE's style...
    I guess I thought that Maari would speak for itself,
    that oil revenues would change all as the company has progressed into a completely new and more advanced stage of oiler...
    and that the new phase of CUEs growth would be captured by the market and it would really take off...
    CUE is headed in the right direction, but still a long way to go for this to be properly valued by the market...
    fair value is around 40 cents per share and thats without Artemis...
    who knows...
    I see CUE, and I know this will perform, but then I see some others and think they could easily outperform...
    what is a brother to do?
    Im itching and near trigger happy on NGE... but I will still wait for a few more days/week and then im buying...
    wow... I believe this is a very very good future stock...
    Based on the Paupa New Guinea story that is unfolding...
    NGE, HZN, CUE, and MOS are going to be big future stories from junior caps...
    a good suppliment to have with Coal Seam Gas...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Shrewd one.

Timing mate. CUE has gone from 9c to 28c over the last 7 months. Thats around 460% pa. Whats wrong with that return?

Entry price mate,
    Dont do the same with NGE

Strat,

Who knows where the market is heading but I don't think that NGE with a market cap of $78mln is expensive given recent developments with the Canadians and a drill on the way next quarter in PNG.

Any views?

Gazprom

Discl: hold and buying

strat-
    Shrewd one.

Timing mate. CUE has gone from 9c to 28c over the last 7 months. Thats around 460% pa. Whats wrong with that return?

Entry price mate,
    Dont do the same with NGE
    strat,
    21.6c entry price was a very fair price for CUE before the market crash...
    at that time the SP had already pulled back from 28c, so it was a steal...
    and the info pointed to upside just on company developments unfolding...
    that is why I virtually went all in at 21.6c...

as for NGE...
    im trigger happy... but ive got the uzi tucked away for abit longer...
    one of these days its going to rain shell casings...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Well, MOG just bought into wa360p from Gascorp joining CUE and MEO.

The price is up today 350%. Thats an annualized rate of 'math error' according to my calculator. Timing strat...all about timing!

From a low of 8 cents, is now trading at 36.5 cents. Not bad.

Artmeis does have value huh? A company worth 6 million is now worth $70 million (as shares were used as payment for WA360p share).

They hold the same as CUE - 15%.

As for the writedowns, they will provide added cashflow...courtesy of the tax reductions.

hey Upsideumop,
    yep, left field announcement thats for sure...
    I came in and saw MOG up 350% and then it was too late...

I hadnt seen any COS figures, but the announcement said that MEO reckons the Geological chance of success is 32%...
    That is a very good figure...
    historical figures are only around 10% chance of success...
    but more recently, shot off 3d and anomolies, this is much higher and more so for this region...

so,
    there is a one third chance that CUE will go to $1 on the possible success of Artemis... and a two thirds chance that CUE will remain around about where it is...
    a one third chance that MEO will go to dollars, and a two thirds chance that MEO will go to 10 CPS...
    risky business holding MEO stock...
    too risky for me...

.^sc
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 29-09-2009 at 05:56 PM.

Shrewd you will get no argument of the fundamental merit of CUE from me. Now, in the past or the future. Im just saying a little TA goes a long way.

You are great at picking them but your yield would be so much better with a little charting. The reasons why it goes up or down dont matter with charting. It just shows what is. Fair price means nothing if the stock goes down and ties up your money for an extended time.

Its better to pay 23c on the way up than 20c on the way down dont you reckon especially if you get to play with that money mean time?

I recently bought ITC. Now that may be a good buy or a bad buy. Time will tell but.......

Its my second take on it and while I was out I spent the money on ATIO and got out of that. From the same cash outlay I have more than 3 times the ITC I started with.

Its not just timing but time spent too.
    Last edited by STRAT; 29-09-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazprom1 View Post
    Strat,

Who knows where the market is heading but I don't think that NGE with a market cap of $78mln is expensive given recent developments with the Canadians and a drill on the way next quarter in PNG.

Any views?

Gazprom

Discl: hold and buying
    I have no idea about fundamentals Gazprom.

Shrewd is your man for an answer to that question on this stock.

I do know this
    CUE is in an uptrend and I dont think it should be sold. Yet, but the Markets in general are looking a bit toppy and Oil has been going down since August.

Im only looking for short trades right now.

As to TA advice. Phaedrus is your man and the guys in the FOREX section and AA for short trading IMO.
    Last edited by STRAT; 29-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.