sharetrader
Page 121 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1847
    Advanced Member

Default A dispassionate view of CUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd Crude View Post
    Hey Phaedrus...that was a passionate post from you...
    Nah, no passion there, SC. Just stating the obvious as usual.

...no fly by nighters here mate...
    You reckon? I'll bet that CUE attracts more traders than the most stocks!

...as always, waiting on realisation of forseen value....
    Right. Just as well you are patient!

....might take a few years...
    Indeed!

Take a look at this 4 year chart. Does CUE appear to be a good stock to "buy and hold"? Or does it appear to be better suited to longterm trading?

So why didn't the market like that latest announcement?

Perceived as the Todds taking advantage of CUE new revenue streams to fund their own projects?
    NGE, NWE, STX

Did you read todays announcement...
    MATARIKI IS BACK ON...
    YEAH HARRGHHH...
    corporate,
    If Matariki hits a gusher, then Matariki would be tied back to the wellhead platform and the Raroa FPSO... Matariki would be connected to the well head platform through subsea flowlines...
    Subsea Flowlines carries oil from the wellhead to the riser foot which is connected to processing facilities...
    and bingo...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Corporate

Did you read todays announcement...
    MATARIKI IS BACK ON...
    YEAH HARRGHHH...
    corporate,
    If Matariki hits a gusher, then Matariki would be tied back to the wellhead platform and the Raroa FPSO... Matariki would be connected to the well head platform through subsea flowlines...
    Subsea Flowlines carries oil from the wellhead to the riser foot which is connected to processing facilities...
    and bingo...

.^sc
    And the Maari JV take a cut? To me it doesn't make sense the Maari JV already has more liquid than it can handle through the WHP and FPSO.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by seaosh View Post
    So why didn't the market like that latest announcement?

Perceived as the Todds taking advantage of CUE new revenue streams to fund their own projects?
    I wouldn't have thought so.

There is an established relationship there with CUE farming in to other Todd permits. CUE just isn't a widely followed stock.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    And the Maari JV take a cut? To me it doesn't make sense the Maari JV already has more liquid than it can handle through the WHP and FPSO.
    May be so at present but high flow rates don't continue indefinitely. Something for the future?

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    May be so at present but high flow rates don't continue indefinitely. Something for the future?
    I agree high oil flow rates are not forever, but aside from the fact that the JV can produce from the M2A sands and Manaia which will extend the life of the field. The decline in oil produced will be offset by an increase in water which has to be handled by the FPSO and WHP.

Advanced Member

Default A Dollar Each Way.

So, Strat, Karlos and Seaosh, having forthrightly faced your inner demons and confronted the dreaded Whadareya? question, you must now procede to the next important element of your existential search for Market bliss.

Whaddayagunnadoaboudit?

Like so many of us, part of you is drawn to trading while other aspects of your personality find longer-term investing attractive. Which is better? What to do? Why agonise over such minor technicalities - do both. Split your buys (and especially your sells) into 2 separate transactions. Because each approach requires different tools and different tactics, make sure that you are using the appropriate methods for each. You could well be using some indicators in common, but the time period selected for each would be quite different eg RSI(14) for trading vs RSI(80) for investing, perhaps. If you are very clear as to which trend you are trading - the short, medium or long - it is usually obvious which signals you should be responding to.

Some of you appear to be feeling vaguely concerned over CUE's current downtrend. Should you be thinking of selling before it falls any further? How far will it run? No-one knows, but would you be as uneasy if you had sold half your holding when those short-term Sell signals fired? You could relax a little and worry a bit less. Even if the downtrend should continue on and trigger your "medium-term" sell signals, your overall return would be higher. Should the current downtrend reverse tomorrow, you can console yourself with the fact that at least you sold only half. Of course, as a trader, you can always buy back in again any time you like.

What I am advocating here is simply having a dollar each way, rather than attempting to find some compromise approach midway between the two. Let me mix some metaphors for you. You would be like a candle in the wind and such a hybrid approach would be neither fish nor fowl. You would fall between two stools. Because of uncertainty as to your course, every wind would be a head wind. You would be like a longterm investor attempting to use tight stops! In the interests of making your life as stressfree as possible, all such conflicts need to be resolved. In any event, this would be good experience for you. You might even find that one or the other approach suits you better and/or is more profitable for you. There is no conflict here, of course, and this is not a "problem" that needs resolving. You could carry on running two or more totally different systems in parallel for as long as you like.

For those with widely diverse aims and personality characteristics, any effort expended in trying to find a single compromise approach is unlikely to succeed, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    So, Strat, Karlos and Seaosh, having forthrightly faced your inner demons and confronted the dreaded Whadareya? question, you must now procede to the next important element of your existential search for Market bliss.

Whaddayagunnadoaboudit?

Like so many of us, part of you is drawn to trading while other aspects of your personality find longer-term investing attractive. Which is better? What to do? Why agonise over such minor technicalities - do both. Split your buys (and especially your sells) into 2 separate transactions. Because each approach requires different tools and different tactics, make sure that you are using the appropriate methods for each. You could well be using some indicators in common, but the time period selected for each would be quite different eg RSI(14) for trading vs RSI(80) for investing, perhaps. If you are very clear as to which trend you are trading - the short, medium or long - it is usually obvious which signals you should be responding to.

Some of you appear to be feeling vaguely concerned over CUE's current downtrend. Should you be thinking of selling before it falls any further? How far will it run? No-one knows, but would you be as uneasy if you had sold half your holding when those short-term Sell signals fired? You could relax a little and worry a bit less. Even if the downtrend should continue on and trigger your "medium-term" sell signals, your overall return would be higher. Should the current downtrend reverse tomorrow, you can console yourself with the fact that at least you sold only half. Of course, as a trader, you can always buy back in again any time you like.

What I am advocating here is simply having a dollar each way, rather than attempting to find some compromise approach midway between the two. Let me mix some metaphors for you. You would be like a candle in the wind and such a hybrid approach would be neither fish nor fowl. You would fall between two stools. Because of uncertainty as to your course, every wind would be a head wind. You would be like a longterm investor attempting to use tight stops! In the interests of making your life as stressfree as possible, all such conflicts need to be resolved. In any event, this would be good experience for you. You might even find that one or the other approach suits you better and/or is more profitable for you. There is no conflict here, of course, and this is not a "problem" that needs resolving. You could carry on running two or more totally different systems in parallel for as long as you like.

For those with widely diverse aims and personality characteristics, any effort expended in trying to find a single compromise approach is unlikely to succeed, in my experience.
    Haha Phaedrus

notgunnadonutinaboudit.

Already do both as Im sure you are aware

As a part timer Im better suited to Medium term trades with short term plays when other things allow me time to watch em close enough. I do like to put a small percentage on those longshot pennys though :o

I usually let buys decide for themselves how they should be played. As to CUE. " a bit of a worry" was perhaps a bad choice of words cause Im fairly comfortable with this one as a medium term play but at the end of the day CUE will make my mind up for me.

I appreciate your advice not just on thread but on so many things over the years. It would be fair to say your influence both direct and indirect has done more to improve my performance in this game than any other person or factor.

Im not sure everyone here gets just how much effort and expertise goes into your simple to understand charts which is a bit of a shame.

Its with much gratitude and respect that I say thanks.
    Last edited by STRAT; 20-10-2009 at 12:37 AM.

From OSH QE Report

Site construction activities are nearing completion at the Wasuma well site in PPL 219 (OSH 91.25%, Operator). Drilling with Rig 103 is scheduled to commence in the fourth quarter of 2009.

This is a large structure ... looking forward to seeing this drilled finally