sharetrader
Page 126 of 185 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1847

New Zealand 'set for an oil bonanza'

Investors willing to back the discovery and development of New Zealand oil reserves could be investing in a country at the same stage as Norway in the pre-North Sea era, says a leading US money manager.
    Renowned for his bullish views on New Zealand's petroleum prospects, William Buechler insists New Zealand is set for an oil bonanza that will eclipse Britain's North Sea oil boom.
    "New Zealand is at the beginning of a country-changing event; the challenge is going to be to embrace the change and get it right. Activity and momentum are increasing but going under the radar screen."

Only last week, Todd Energy chief executive Richard Tweedie confirmed Maari and its adjacent Manaia field in offshore Taranaki were home to 100 million barrels of recoverable oil, making it New Zealand's largest crude oil field and twice the original 50 million barrels found at the Tui fields.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...an-oil-bonanza

Advanced Member

I tend to agree that CUE has a lot of positives going for it but I got tired of hanging around while the s.p. sits in the doldrums. I prefer to see my money working for me, so I jumped this ship and boarded another vessel that has wind in its sails, namely a selection of stocks in the biotech industry that are moving forward; to date they seem to be carrying me towards my destination.
    If CUE starts to show some further forward progress it is quite possible that I will board her again.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    I tend to agree that CUE has a lot of positives going for it but I got tired of hanging around while the s.p. sits in the doldrums. I prefer to see my money working for me, so I jumped this ship and boarded another vessel that has wind in its sails, namely a selection of stocks in the biotech industry that are moving forward; to date they seem to be carrying me towards my destination.
    If CUE starts to show some further forward progress it is quite possible that I will board her again.
    what is one's usual holding period to see the wind in its sails?
    Up up and away!

Veteran novice

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    what is one's usual holding period to see the wind in its sails?
    I suspect you can probably guess the sort of answer I will come up with, Geezy. Something like: "I have no hard and fast rule"; "It all depends on the circumstances"; etc. However, my "patience time-span" has been getting progressively shorter, lately, and anything that dips below the 100 days MA - on an overall rising market - is a potential candidate for bailing out. Admittedly CUE isn't quite in that danger zone just yet, but the truth is that my holding was relatively small and I am endeavouring to reduce the ungainly spread of my total portfolio, hence CUE was one that got the chop.

MEO AGM tomorrow,
    and MEO in trading halt today about cap raising...
    This could be the time to slip in some of the good oil info...
    CUE/WA permits...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Advanced Member

I would say SHREWDY that you are becoming rather pathetic with your skiting about your stock trading. Anyone buying a stock at 21.5c watch it go down to 10c over a two year period then start boasting about how clever they are when it gets to 24c has a lot of learning to do. My money in the bank this year almost doubled by buying gold ,Silver. PPP, MCR. and barrels of oil. I told you in advance of each and every one of them. Incidently I sold PPP and MCR and the oil and hold gold ,silver. plus property and cash in the bank waiting on the next glaring opportunity. Its not what you earn that counts its what you lose when the tide turns as you still have to learn it seems. Cash in the bank is the best investment of the lot in a downturn waiting to buy from mug punters who flee the market. Smarten up mate I made more playing on MCR this year than you did holding your CUE since you bought it,so get your head back to size mate. I play the market you fall in love with companies. Macdunk

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Whats goin on with CUE Shrewdy ?
    Another stock thats gone to sleep. Its like death by a thousand paper cuts. Support @ 25c broken at the beginning of the month. A breakout below 23c would be of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan macgregor View Post
    I would say SHREWDY that you are becoming rather pathetic with your skiting about your stock trading. Anyone buying a stock at 21.5c watch it go down to 10c over a two year period then start boasting about how clever they are when it gets to 24c has a lot of learning to do. My money in the bank this year almost doubled by buying gold ,Silver. PPP, MCR. and barrels of oil. I told you in advance of each and every one of them. Incidently I sold PPP and MCR and the oil and hold gold ,silver. plus property and cash in the bank waiting on the next glaring opportunity. Its not what you earn that counts its what you lose when the tide turns as you still have to learn it seems. Cash in the bank is the best investment of the lot in a downturn waiting to buy from mug punters who flee the market. Smarten up mate I made more playing on MCR this year than you did holding your CUE since you bought it,so get your head back to size mate. I play the market you fall in love with companies. Macdunk
    Whats this??

Is the outboard in the garage for servicing today Macca?

Advanced Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Whats this??

Is the outboard in the garage for servicing today Macca?
    Not bad STRAT I actually had it done on tuesday. Read me like a book EH?. Macdunk