sharetrader
Page 131 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1847

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the value/volume of shares traded are minimal...and that perhaps some of us have an investment horizon extending a little longer than whats occuring today.
    Hi Troyvdh,
    Yes and yes. Depends how you play the game eh?

and Geezy, Yes. Still in a short term down trend but whats worse, its accelerating and we are no longer in a medium term up trend.

On a brighter note, US markets might finish green this morning.
    Last edited by STRAT; 02-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that the value/volume of shares traded are minimal...and that perhaps some of us have an investment horizon extending a little longer than whats occuring today.
    Yes of course, most of us are probably in for the long haul but big spikes in a downwards direction are always of a concern, sometimes there are good reasons, sometimes not.

The long haul can be damn long though eh?

CUE is today worth 2c less than it was when the thread started in mid 2007.

Surely anyone who bought then would rather disappointed with the results from a buy and hold approach to this stock.

Its the wrong stock for that plan I reckon.

Im no day trader but could have done better if Id used all the clear buy / sell signals on the chart I posted above ( marked by vertical lines. Red sell. Blue buy ) from nothing more than trend lines and a few other indicators. The chart is a bit small but the thicker vertical lines are actually multiple lines ( 2 to 4 ) close together.

As it stands I only used the first and last. Buy 13.5, Sell 22.5 in 9.5 months which is a hell of a lot better than buy 22.0. Wait 2.5 years and loose 2c per share and wasnt hard work either.

I will be back when it turns.

It will/should be a good story eventually.
    Last edited by STRAT; 02-02-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    The long haul can be damn long though eh?

CUE is today worth 2c less than it was when the thread started in mid 2007.

Surely anyone who bought then would rather disappointed with the results from a buy and hold approach to this stock.

Its the wrong stock for that plan I reckon.

Im no day trader but could have done better if Id used all the clear buy / sell signals on the chart I posted above ( marked by vertical lines. Red sell. Blue buy ) from nothing more than trend lines and a few other indicators. The chart is a bit small but the thicker vertical lines are actually multiple lines ( 2 to 4 ) close together.

As it stands I only used the first and last. Buy 13.5, Sell 22.5 in 9.5 months which is a hell of a lot better than buy 22.0. Wait 2.5 years and loose 2c per share and wasnt hard work either.

I will be back when it turns.

It will/should be a good story eventually.
    Shrewdy's been awfully quiet on this one tho.

Strat, all we need is oil to hit 150 again , when the hedge funds decides that its oil's turn to run and be sure that they will come up with a whole of PEAK OIL stories to go along with it.

i hold too much CUE now and will be pain to let go
    Up up and away!

Quote Originally Posted by geezy View Post
    Shrewdy's been awfully quiet on this one tho.

Strat, all we need is oil to hit 150 again , when the hedge funds decides that its oil's turn to run and be sure that they will come up with a whole of PEAK OIL stories to go along with it.

i hold too much CUE now and will be pain to let go
    Hi Geezy. I suspect it will happen ( head up that is ) but time can be your enemy. No telling when that will be. 6 months or years? Like you I believe the highs and lows in the POO has way more to do with manipulation than peak oil. Past and present at least
    The longer it takes though the bigger the spike will be. Hope Im ready when it comes. Meantime I will plod on with other things. Its too easy to let time tick by holding stocks that dont move fast enough and Im not getting any younger . I did this with CUE and VPE. Lesson learned for me.

Of course ones actions are also dictated by other factors like how much you need the money, how big the investment is and how old one is.

Age is a biggie. Im in my late 40s. There are many Traders/Investors here who are ancient and others who are young. Different levels of wealth and risk tolerance apply here to. How often have you heard Shrewdy calling Macdunk a wimp or something like that? Fact is they are at different stages in life and should take a different approach. One going hard and the other taking care of wealth preservation.

I suspect you have more time on your side than I do.

Speaking of the young and energetic, you are right Shrewdy has been keeping a low profile of late.
    Last edited by STRAT; 03-02-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Speaking of the young and energetic, you are right Shrewdy has been keeping a low profile of late.
    Yeah, where is he?
    NGE, NWE, STX

Quote Originally Posted by seaosh View Post
    Yeah, where is he?
    Gudday Seaosh. Bout time we got the Aucland crew together again. What do you reckon?

Advanced Member

Its too easy to let time tick by holding stocks that dont move fast enough and Im not getting any younger . I did this with CUE and VPE. Lesson learned for me.
    Them's my sentiments, exactly. CUE and VPE have long been banished from my menagerie. They mightn't be dogs but I can't see the point of doggedly holding onto them and missing out on the upward thrust of the market generally.

Gudday Seaosh. Bout time we got the Aucland crew together again. What do you reckon?
    Would like to but I'm in China at the moment.
    NGE, NWE, STX

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by seaosh View Post
    I'm in China at the moment.
    Hope you did something with your VPEO's before you left!