sharetrader
Page 135 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1847

any up on the SP is good news
    Up up and away!

Guru

Well Shrewdy the mighty one has crapped on about his T\A and given me heaps in the past and I've never been able to nail him for what he is worth.

Today he set himself up to be rated.

Looks like he's off to a flyer on your favourite share, not.

Looks like u r on the flyer!

2.5 10.6%
    4:21 pm
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Yankiwi View Post
    I've seen the closed thread and still don't quite get it all.

tricha, why are you attempting to judge Mr P, with charts posted by Strat?

I'm sure a dectective would have done a bit more homework before trying to enter false evidence into a court!

I as well as many others have a great deal of respect for both Mr P & Strat. Their input to our site is very valued by myself, while yours on the other hand is on the other end of the scale.
    Yankiwi - Mr P have a habit of dishing it out, especially when I make a mistake, but because he rarely commits to making a call on a stock, he can never be wrong.

Well he made these statements, it's early days, now we are going to see how good cloud watching really is.
    CUE is actually WELL positioned for sucess in many areas, has income generated by multi sources and huge upside potential.

Mr P (3) Struggling to overcome resistance at 24 cents. OBV also failing to overcome resistance. Not recommended.
    '''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

What's your point though Tricha?

Today's price action changes the chart. Mr. P's recommendation might now be different.

I'm not sure what we're proving here.
    NGE, NWE, STX

Dear oh dear.

1 Were they my charts? No
    2 Was CUE struggling to break resistance? Yes
    3 Does this make the break today more significant? Maybe
    4 Can Phaedrus predict when CUE will make a positive announcement? Can I? No
    5 Can Tricha hold a grudge for extended periods of time? Yup
    6 Had it stayed open, would Trichas thread "rating P" have recieved even more thumbs down from members ? Hell yes

7 Is 10 mil a big turnover? Yes ( biggest day CUE has had in 3 years. Going up only 2.5 cents though tells me plenty of share holders wanted out )
    8 Is this a positive day for CUE TA wise anyway? Yup
    Last edited by STRAT; 14-04-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Gee Strat...."plenty of shareholders wanted out"....are you a kinda "half full beer glass " kinda guy....for me as long as Todd et al arent selling I aint leaving .

Quote Originally Posted by seaosh View Post
    What's your point though Tricha?

Today's price action changes the chart. Mr. P's recommendation might now be different.

I'm not sure what we're proving here.
    Totally agree with you seaosh. Unlike FA where the updates come quarterly at best, share prices are dynamic so a TA recommendation could well change from day to day. Phaedrus' comment was that CUE was struggling to break resistance at 24. This is no longer true!

My question is, and I'm not having a go at anyone here, what do you do when your TA signals give different recommendations from one day to another.

Yesterday NGE was the recommendation, today it may have been CUE. What happens if tomorrow things revert back and CUE takes a dive. Can TA be useful if you plan on investing for more than one day at a time. If your investment horizon is say a couple of years. Would the TA recommendations mean you are constantly in and out of the share?

I realise you can extend the length of moving averages etc. to smooth out the bumps so to speak. But I don't understand how you can use constantly changing TA results to invest in a share medium/long term. Is there a way to refine your BUY/SELL signals for different investment horizons?

If so Phaedrus, what would you say the horizon on yesterdays comment regarding CUE's chart was. Days, weeks, months, years?? Is it possible that CUE may today be a BUY if planning on holding for only a couple of days, but not if you viewed your investment as being for a number of months/years?

This is more of a general query on TA itself, than on CUE in particular. I'm certainly no TA expert so your comments will help me learn. Thanks!

I hear you Tricha,
    You came to the chch annual at B's....
    what a collection of minds it was...
    I rate you good, but sometimes the way you go about things is suspect....
    Im sure you remember when I went down that line with Phae...
    .... just like your angle, its a stalemate...
    you need to shake hands with the chess champ and call it a draw...cos your just like him, but in a different way...

.^sc
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 15-04-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: mistaken identity
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    Gee Strat...."plenty of shareholders wanted out"....are you a kinda "half full beer glass " kinda guy....for me as long as Todd et al arent selling I aint leaving .
    Hi Troy
    Am I a glass half empty kinda guy? Depends what day you catch me I guess but with this I believe Im just being pragmatic.

I was only pointing out its been 3 years since this kinda volume has changed hands in CUE. In fact the last time a larger amount of shares changed hands was 4 years ago. On those two occasions it drove the price down 22.5% and up 13% respectively. All Im saying is a 10.5% increase is not significant when compared with the turnover. In addition the candle and intraday chart for yesterday shows a lot of downward pressure as well as upward pressure and even less movement after gapping up.
    I hold CUE which has been one of my most frustrating holds so of course Im very pleased its actually going up. I dont think we will have a strong breakout over this but Id love to be totally wrong.
    Last edited by STRAT; 15-04-2010 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.needs View Post

My question is, and I'm not having a go at anyone here, what do you do when your TA signals give different recommendations from one day to another.
    Hi Mr Needs
    I would do nothing till that stops happening.

Worthy of note is that Phaedrus did not recommend NGE. What he in fact wrote was that it was the best of the selection offered in the post he answered and the recommendation was wait.

In regard to long term projections. The short answer in my opinion is you cant. TA is a tool for gauging what a stock has done and what it is doing. Based on that you get an indication of what it is likely to do in the near future not what it will do in a years time. FA is by in large the same. Companies will give you projections. Its up to you to decide if you trust them or not. You will see many arguments over which is best. TA or FA. The fact is both should be used together along with anything else that can give you insight.

There is no silver bullet other than info from the horses mouth which I believe is called Insider Trading
    Last edited by STRAT; 15-04-2010 at 08:00 AM.