sharetrader
Page 157 of 185 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1847

I have taken this post off another thread more appropriate for here...

troyvdh
    Giday....I mean no offence to anyone...and I really really rate and appreciate SC input ...re CUE ...I have 130k ......but I understand that he went to Vegas.....then sold CUE ...to fund some direct marketing thingy.... so what can we take from this...Im not sure...are his postings meant for sharetrader...or more one of someone who has aspirations known only to himself....if so I wish him the very best...

no offence intended....to any party.....

what would be appreciated if SC could devulge his "skin in the game".....i.e dosh
    Troy,
    Im happy to share my story... but I don't feel that I should have to tell you my wealth....over the years you would have a fair idea that im not rich... I might as well start at the beginning...

since I graduated 3-4 years ago admittedly I made a few bad decisions... I decided not to go looking far for a job because I had my heart set as a share broker as we had the first major market crash and the industry shrank...I gave a presentation to a firm about oil, and yes--> CUE (11c) ... I blew them off their seats, but they still said no about a job... and I never ballsed up to move away ... So I decided not to pursue a Finance career in Christchurch...
    Also yearssss before the market crash I had turned my little savings (no handouts) into a substantial return of combined 10-13 bagger overall return in about 5 years.....
    I wasnt too concerned about working because finally I felt I had an actual solid bankroll to really get stuck into the market, perhaps as a full time investor ....and I had other smaller things on the go... I never really saw myself as a trader, but I felt I could see the overall picture well... anyway, but it faultered and for the last 3-4 years the market has not beared the fruits it had before...this was the case because I held onto CUE, and going on my previous merits I saw no reason to sell because it remained discount to fair valuation, and the story never deteriorated, it got better ...... In saying that, maybe I could have been alot worse off because at least CUE had remained stable on average... but I never profited from the big swings, and I bought at the wrong time... And I sold some CUE at 30 something cents to buy NGE at 20 because I wanted to gamble on Panakawa even though I knew it was silly of me... A couple of times like that I gambled and got caught out at both ends because I would sell stock to buy another one... Occasionally i sold small amounts of CUE as I needed, while maintaining enough exposure to change my life on a big target strike... but it wasnt meant to be...
    CUE has still remained relatively hedged on drilling failures as I explained, (which isn't so easy to find)... and oh did we have exploration failure...
    thats the way it goes...

So I went with my passion and found a variation of a mainstream poker game I knew I could crack, and I do pretty good...as I said another time, I have come to realise that I am only getting by on poker (with some traveling), but not getting ahead in life financially as I know im capable and talented enough to do... So recently I decided to play less poker (but I still do), and I took my money off CUE to start fresh...It was my decision, and the complete sale was nothing to do with CUE... It was the opportunity cost... I felt I had better opportunities (as I said at the time)... the first thing I did was get into network marketing of an amazing weight loss product about 6 weeks ago (new to the south Island, we are the first)........ I am personally down 10kgs barely trying... 10kg more to go and I will be ripped cos I wana start surfing...our clients are loving it and recommending new customers to us, and we are building a business with so much potential... as well as selling decent volumes of stock as a start up...we were in the womans and lifestyle expo,(nearly sold out of product) and i'm the poster boy... we have just had our first major break through and signed someone up below us who is coming into the business and we have a few more lined up... so much is happening now and im glad I made the ultimate call on CUE...
    so, this is where I stand currently...

I only share my ideas as I see it in my mind now and in the future... I can not get it right all the time... most if not all of this stuff I post on oil I learnt myself.... so I am learning as im going... I always will be... soft markets have impacted on my judgements and outlooks... I had alot of fun before the first market crash and yes ive realised that the early stages of a buffet path I was on is not possible yet, but it is my goal to be full time on the markets... maybe in a few decades or something...
    we knew the market was going to be weak, that is why 3 years ago I sold everything before the market crash but then got trigger happy on CUE... I have no current desire to buy back into CUE because I need the leverage of Matariki, but there is still big offshore leverage in it... Im not sure either way about these indonesian wells coming up.....

And im looking into a different stock with gigantic leverage which reads better, I will show some research during the week...

less than a year ago I got onto facebook and im social networking more instead of sharetrader... im welcoming fellow sharetraders to add me through my email address, flemmic3@snap.net.nz
    ive found serpie, upside and a few other big cats...

im not rich... looking into it...

I will still post on CUE thread...

hope that helps... Troy,I know you now understand fully...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Corporate

SC, just remember its a journey!

What's this new stock, give us a hint (or ticker)?

Cheers,
    C

The one thing i've always admired with Shrewd Crude is his convictions to back himself & not give up!

Especially with a concentrated focus on a couple of O&G companies, high risk indeed

Most young people with big $$$ in there eyes about creaming it in the market, tend to come in near the top of a cycle & give up when they dont crack it instantly.

I would guess most lose a fair chunk of what they started with (small amounts initially) & thats there last venture into the markets

I've personally never held CUE, but have always followed with interest SC's informative posts & given CUE is dual listed now, the interest still remains.

Shrewd, have u had a look at COI, would love your thoughts on it, i held them 4 years ago, along with STX at the time (who part owned COI)

Have some CSG permits in NZ & has sparked my interest of late

Cheers
    Last edited by shasta; 08-10-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Corporate

out of interest, how old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    out of interest, how old are you?
    Me or Shrewd Crude?

Im 35 in November & Shrewdie is younger

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Me or Shrewd Crude?

Im 35 in November & Shrewdie is younger
    Sorry shasta, I meant SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Corporate View Post
    Sorry shasta, I meant SC.
    Young enough to cause trouble and wind up Macdunk.

Corporate,
    I turned 27 two weeks ago...

mackdunk, where is that fossil...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

Hey, Happy Bday there Shrewdy!

Hope you had a good one mate
    --> Watch THRIVE 2011 a must watch Doco! --> Also watch ETHOS 2011 & share the Awareness~!

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    If CUE goes to 25 cents then I am in. Doubt it will but hoping
    Interesting to see how far we've come. I expected it to test 25 cents, but it has been quite a lot lower than that. Is looking pretty good, but Maari is now becoming a minnow...it's all about PNG and Indo now, especially if that HZN article posted is true.