sharetrader
Page 17 of 185 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Agreed. What happened in the past year means very little. What will happen in the next year means a lot.

Read the last report. The potential for this company and the level of possible and probable reserves is mouthwatering.

zacman

Advanced Member

Thanks Zacman - I was expecting a good old bagging from a charter!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Thanks Zacman - I was expecting a good old bagging from a charter!
    Go outside and have a look at the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post
    Go outside and have a look at the clouds
    Or if some Akld university student does arrest Condeleeza get them to ask whether she is going to bomb the crap out of somewhere?

Advanced Member

Default CUE Weather Map

Quote Originally Posted by shephejame View Post
    Can someone provide some TA analysis of a time to buy into CUE....
    Tricha's reply? :- "Go outside and have a look at the clouds".

What a silly, ignorant comment. Tricha, surely you are aware that with knowledge and experience it is possible to make useful weather forecasts based on cloud observation alone. It's exactly the same with charts. Patterns repeat themselves and give valuable indications as to likely future price movement. For example, "Double Tops" (as marked here with blue circles) are a Bearish formation. You can see that in every case, these were followed by significant falls (15% - 30%) in the shareprice.

Shephejame wanted an opinion on when to buy. Tim23's silly response? :- "Just buy it if you believe in the story". Just buy! When doesn't matter! Just believe in the story! What a mug you would have been to buy when CUE broke below previous support (red arrow). What a fool you would have been to have bought while CUE was in its long downtrend. What a mistake it would have been to have bought CUE just after it had formed a double top. Those buying when CUE was well above its trendline made a poorly timed entry.

Zacman thinks "What happened in the past means very little". Nonsense. We can learn a lot from the past. We can learn that "double tops" are a Bearish pattern, for example!

NONE of the advice from you lot is of any help at all to Stephejame. If you guys knew a bit more about TA you would scoff at it less. Let's look at the chart. We can see that CUE was in an extended downtrend. The first "Buy" signal came when the On Balance Volume indicator broke above its long-term trendline (red line). This is not surprising as OBV is often a "leading" indicator. Next to trigger was when price action broke above its long-term trendline (big green arrow). Note that technically, CUE was still in a downtrend at this time. The downtrend was ended by a subsequent uptrend when CUE made a higher high after a higher low as marked by the small green arrow. These signals marked the best time for Stephejame to enter CUE but maybe he wasn't in the market at that time. So, now when should he buy?

CUE has been in an uptrend for over a year, so far. There is a confirmed trendline in place as marked by the green line. The safest place to buy CUE is at or near this trendline - like right now. We can do better than that though. I have drawn a tentative short-term trendline (magenta) and the logical thing for Stephejame to do is wait - and buy if/when CUE breaks above this trendline.

In practice, this would probably give him exactly the same entry point as that proposed by UnderDOG - I've used a trendline break instead of a break above previous resistance as the trigger, that's all. Better yet, why not wait until both criteria are met!

Corporate

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Tricha's reply? :- "Go outside and have a look at the clouds".

What a silly, ignorant comment. Tricha, surely you are aware that with knowledge and experience it is possible to make useful weather forecasts based on cloud observation alone. It's exactly the same with charts. Patterns repeat themselves and give valuable indications as to likely future price movement. For example, "Double Tops" (as marked here with blue circles) are a Bearish formation. You can see that in every case, these were followed by significant falls (15% - 30%) in the shareprice.

Shephejame wanted an opinion on when to buy. Tim23's silly response? :- "Just buy it if you believe in the story". Just buy! When doesn't matter! Just believe in the story! What a mug you would have been to buy when CUE broke below previous support (red arrow). What a fool you would have been to have bought while CUE was in its long downtrend. What a mistake it would have been to have bought CUE just after it had formed a double top. Those buying when CUE was well above its trendline made a poorly timed entry.

Zacman thinks "What happened in the past means very little". Nonsense. We can learn a lot from the past. We can learn that "double tops" are a Bearish pattern, for example!

NONE of the advice from you lot is of any help at all to Stephejame. If you guys knew a bit more about TA you would scoff at it less. Let's look at the chart. We can see that CUE was in an extended downtrend. The first "Buy" signal came when the On Balance Volume indicator broke above its long-term trendline (red line). This is not surprising as OBV is often a "leading" indicator. Next to trigger was when price action broke above its long-term trendline (big green arrow). Note that technically, CUE was still in a downtrend at this time. The downtrend was ended by a subsequent uptrend when CUE made a higher high after a higher low as marked by the small green arrow. These signals marked the best time for Stephejame to enter CUE but maybe he wasn't in the market at that time. So, now when should he buy?

CUE has been in an uptrend for over a year, so far. There is a confirmed trendline in place as marked by the green line. The safest place to buy CUE is at or near this trendline - like right now. We can do better than that though. I have drawn a tentative short-term trendline (magenta) and the logical thing for Stephejame to do is wait - and buy if/when CUE breaks above this trendline.

In practice, this would probably give him exactly the same entry point as that proposed by UnderDOG - I've used a trendline break instead of a break above previous resistance as the trigger, that's all. Better yet, why not wait until both criteria are met!

Phaedrus, what can I say except that your post is probably the best reply I have had to question during my time at ST. It is also very assuring that I came to the same conclusion in relations to buying when the SP breaks the Magenta line.

Many thanks for the time you put into the post.

nice Mr P , but dont forget you need ignorance to make markets

Advanced Member

Default Hey Mr Chart Person

My silly response - you are telling him to buy just like I did ren't you?

Personally I do find your charts interesting but I prefer to buy the story and be patient.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    You are telling him to buy just like I did, aren't you.
    No.

I'm telling him NOT to buy.

I'm telling him that if he wants to buy, to WAIT.

Phaedrus, thank you for your post...
    I get the feeling that your saying, this is a good time, 'But'...
    reading your last post makes this less clear...

So Lets get this straight...
    Your signal to buy is when CUE is "at or near the trendline"
    Well CUE is near the trendline!
    and the other signal "wait for CUE to break above the trendline"
    (both in 2nd last paragraph)...
    By looking at your graph it appears that CUE is
    aleady above the trendline...
    Therefore satisfying both criteria...
    and a buy signal confirmed...

Well, I was initially going to wait for Cobra drill to be completed... I Then thought bugger it based on fundamentals, IE little downside if Cobra turns bad, and big upside if it is good... If CUE announce 'a big hydrocarbon column' at Cobra, it wont just break above the trendline for confirmed buying (as mackdunk also said)... It will gap up to perhaps 30cents plus..... Charting can not predict the outcomes to Cue's exploration drilling over the next year...(zeus, spikey beach, appraisal drilling Manaia, appraisal drilling Bariweka, Cobra, two PSC wells... Infact, Manaia is lower end risk that TA has not factored anything in yet...
    Charting does not predict drilling outcome...

I agree with Zac... "what happened in the past means very little"... Bar huge market risk (DOW 1000 point fall), and Bar unforeseen risks such as Maari production problems etc... We are looking at a share worth 45 cents next year off current market information, thats without any of the exploration, appraisal drilling program proving to be a success... Surely one will hit, Bariweka will....!.... um... Manaia will too.... Perhaps add in Zeus... ka boom... already low downside, (downside is 40cents)... what could upside be... haha...
    If you think about it like that, it does not really matter if you buy at 22cents or you buy at 19.5cents, or buying at a confirmed TA of 26cents (or whatever it is)...
    If CUE is trending to 45cents on the downside then who cares if you bought at 15c or 25c...

If your not comfortable with the technicals and want a confirmed breakout then so be it... if you want to buy on the trendline, or at rock bottom then so be it, (take your chances)... the big picture is the same... from a fundamental perspective past performance means little to CUE... CUE is about to embark on a new period of growth through a growing production profile, as its developing projects move the company away from spec status to a path of revenues....
    The 20 years (and more) it took to get to this point does not mean anything anymore...
    the new CUE about to start unfolding, forget about historics - I therefore dont give a stuff about the old CUE... infact never have...

CUE will unfold exactly like NZO did.... I took my chances that I could outperform NZO's run from around a year ago, and I have....( I didnot quite think the leverage was there- remember I am young and a risk taker)....
    CUE has a very very similar sort of story unfolding with mulitple developments going into production, and only a few of us really called NZO.... Cue is one step behind NZO, ramping up off a lower SP... and I believe the SP percentage return for CUE Will be larger than the Percentage return for NZO when comparing their two major Projects Maari vs Tui...
    yes TUI will outperfrom Maari, not in percentage returns... Maari has 100% upside to reserves...

If you look at the fundamentals, CUE is a buy at any time...
    If you look at technicals then CUE must pass certain criteria for it to be a buy...
    Mackdunk said to buy CUE at 25cents (30 day moving average)... I, thought bugger that and started buying at 21c, topped up at 22.5 with a 21.8cent average...
    If Cobra Fails I will buy more...

Over the short term you take your chances on Cobra either way... Charting will come back and tell us we were wrong if Cobra is a failure, What Charting should be telling us now, is THAT we should be buying NOW as Low down big up is favourable, and even more so with the future production profile of this stock...

My only concern is markets could take everything away....
    All stocks hold this risk... CUE has done well over the last year in the Rath of Market forces trying to pull this little stock apart with little success...
    Great spec stock...

Whatever your strategy is--> in the end the outcome is the same...
    Who cares, TA, FA... whatever...
    Phaedrus, The green uptrending line is not steep enough on where this is headed...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though