sharetrader
Page 2 of 185 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

yep i'm in the queue for some cue, from what i can gather they are holding 30mill cash, grossed approx 9mill last year, when oyong and maari both get pumping cue should be grossing approx 52mill/annum..... has some wise and wealthy
    major shareholders (you can do a lot worse than following the successful). could take 12-18mths for sp to really perk up but it will happen....
    100% gain ?? well from 22c it is very possible and more likely than sliding to 11c....imho..

if not you now who when..

Advanced Member

About 18 months ago a couple of posters bet me a dozen good Aussie red each that Maari would flow before Tui.

Shrewdy, I think Cue will do okay but it would take a lot more persuasion to get me in at this time.

Fae better to stick with the big growth in NZO.

I have CUE purchased at various times
    Average cost of 18c

It is taking rather longer to fire than I originally anticipated but looks promising for the next 12 to 18 months
    Should put on 50% to 100%, maybe more in that time
    Very little downside risk in my opinion as producing assets alone, I believe, warrent the current share price
    Anything else will be cream on the pudding

My opinion only --- time will tell
    Time is the great revealer

your right bermunda , won't be transferring out of nzo,nzood's for this one (or any other at the moment)
    if not you now who when..

Anybody got any thoughts on today's announcement regarding "Informal Approach"? Could this turn into a takeover?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mattyroo View Post
    Anybody got any thoughts on today's announcement regarding "Informal Approach"? Could this turn into a takeover?
    of course it could but who would know.
    We will just have to wait,if no news is forthcoming we may see a juicy buying opportunity

Mattyroo...
    as many will know...
    I donot usually like talking about Takeover topic because it is speculation and hype only, (until it actually happens, or there is market info then it means little to me,... things are starting to happen here so I guess we can talk)...
    cleasrasmud is correct, anything is possible and we just dont know...

Im not so confident of a takeover, or a merger just yet... anything is possible...
    talk at the moment suggests some sort of mutual company agreement/sharing of knowledge/staff/services etc....something like that, it is not exactly clear on what they will be sharing just yet ... and doesnot suggest a merger is imminent...
    If Singapore petroleum (SPC) were to make some hostile move then surely they would have let CUE fall on market days like yesterday which is what we have seen recently and trend with the market, and then attack when SP when it falls below 20cents..(this is what the shrewd would do if he were calling the shots)... and at the same time, without letting the cat out of the bag...

the fact that SPC has been purchasing CUE shares on market and now has somewhere above 5%, last stood at 5.38% does say something...CUE and SPC do share Oyong which SPC has a 45% stake...this stake in CUE says good things are too come with Oyong... Reports coming through from Santos now suggest that first production will flow 5-8k, instead of the previously thought 8-10k...and first production in september... I will post an article soon...

... the fact that SPC has not made formal intentions means that they may be testing CUE for a response only...Cue expect a formal offer and not no chit chat.. this is to prove that SPC are serious and not just yarning storys... SPC's could be spining yarns to keep their investments in CUE afloat in a rough time for markets...
    If Markets do fall further and CUE rides with the flow then CUE will be a prime takeover, because it is so cheap on forward expected earnings (I havenot yet calculated what they will be), they will be massive if oyong oil, maari oil, oyong gas, wortel gas produce... we are looking at an PE ratio so low, that even NWE's forward looking ratio at current share prices of around 2-3 approx will be surpassed....
    And if there were a company to takeover CUE, SPC would be right up there along with santos.... Singapore petroleum SP has risen 600% over the last 4 years...

I donot believe that a takeover of CUE would be favourable for shareholders.... we have an asset here which is 100% undervalued (forward looking)...with the big up, and low down (ignoring market risk) and I highly doubt that an offer would be at a 100% premium to current sp... I did say early on that If CUE did not rise 100% in the next year and abit then I would be prepared for a hammering... but I did warn of market risk....
    Singapore and CUE have synergies...SPC doesnot have a massive presence in indonesia but does share Oyong with CUE... and CUE and SPC do share similar assets in the bass basin which are close to each other...
    Singapore petroleum does have pipeline investments transmitting gas from indonesia to singapore, which could come into play for CUE down the line...
    Many of SPC's assets (acerage) are north west of sampang stretching to Cambodia and vietnam... SPC have a big presence in this region which is considered risky, and have done it successfully......
    if market risk was zero... then this stock is a certainty... no doubt about that...
    I will be doing a Company summary of CUE soon.... patience is required with Cue and with the summary...hahaha.....

oh, Bermuda, Im not here to persuade anybody... Im here to suggest attractive investments only... Capital B.... Cue will have more growth than NZO, unlike what you say...
    do you want to place a bet on it?
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Default Article out 8th august....

September start for Oyong

By Upstream staff

Singapore Petroleum Company (SPC) expects first oil to start flowing from the Indonesian Oyong field in September, chief executive Koh Ban Heng said.

“The barge will now sail for Oyong next week and will take a couple of weeks to reach the field. First oil is now expected in September.' Koh told the Singapore Business Times newspaper.

SPC had indicated in its second quarter results statement earlier this week that first oil production from Oyong was targeted to be in the second half of the year.

The Oyong joint venture partners have had problems securing and mobilising the production barge amid the tight rig market.

Santos, the field's Australian operator, said last month that between 5000 and 8000 barrels of oil per day are expected from the field off East Java.

It will be SPC's second producing field after Indonesia's Kakap, where the company is currently pumping 2540 bpd of oil equivalent.

Santos has a 45% interest in Oyong. SPC has a 40% stake and Australia’s Cue Energy holds the remaining 15%.

Default SC bought CUE today

Bought some CUE today... after selling some NWE on the back of 1st production jitters... I was heavily overweight in NWE and I sold down NWE to fund cue...
    SPC buying CUE shares gives me great confidence that Oyong will turn positive and the cashflow will be valuable to CUE which is expected next month at the latest...
    Last edited by Crypto Crude; 13-08-2007 at 02:51 PM.

yeah, i think SPC's buying into CUE is a huge vote of confidence. i'm also buoyed by the fact the sp has maintained good form despite the market downturn. one would expect a good run up to Oyong (oil then gas) and then on to Maari. of course, upside potential through exploration as well. delays are possible, but all looking very good.