sharetrader
Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

yeah, just how much is speculation on cobra is difficult to assess. there's potentially a few speculators climbing on board. although i suspect people who are aware of the income coming on stream within the next 18 months or so (starting later this year with maari) are perhaps wanting to get in now just in case cobra does come in. but it's the upcoming revenue that is the prize for me. see page 7 & 8 of this presentation.

http://cuenrg.onlinepublicity.net/fi...id=451&cid=105

without hiccups, CUE is in for a serious rerating in the near(ish) future, regardless of what happens with cobra (which is a high risk prospect). SPC's big buy-up was a huge confidence booster, and indicates that the oyong area has a great deal of potential. i see this as a great story - and it's about to unfold.

-j

Cobra spudded in Jan...
    its at 1700m, final depth of 3100m...
    This will be the longest well of all time to complete.....
    at this rate it will take more than half a year to drill 3000m...
    Selena,
    The notion of CUE 100% play for one year has changed slightly with the hold up of Maari first production as NZO and its JV partners have been mucking around with the Rig......
    Sliding schedules is part of the oil industry...
    ... In my early posts I said one year and abit..
    CUE has some bloody good JV partners, and largest list of impeckable JV partners that I know of...
    CUE has big gas and oil reserves...
    CUE is going to be a fully diversifed producing, and exploring, and developing company...
    CUE has negotiated great JV deals over the last year, including drilling of Zeus, (northwest shelf, MEO deal, almost free carried for CUE, 4th quarter drill)...bass basin, Beach petroleum deal, free carried well, 2nd half of this year...
    This is one of my favourite stocks...
    I like this company more than OEL...

.^sc
    BITCOIN certified rat poop. NSA created, Expensive to send, slow, can only trade on cex, no autonomy, spaghetti code, has been hacked, accidental Backdoor brc20s whoops, no one building on it, alienated all cryptos against it, volume is fake, few whales control large supply... it will perform though

yet you're not in, shrewd? if cobra is a dry hole (which is of course the most likely outcome) then we should see a retrace opportunity to jump on board, but if it strikes it will obviously fly. as i've said (and as you know) the upside from the known resources alone is very significant and should see a substantial rerating - any oil strikes in the short term would just be a bonus. i'm happy to sit on CUE for at least a year. in that time i expect to make plenty (more).
    good luck with your timing, mate.

-j

380m weekly progress toward target at cobra. if that rate continues we'll have results of a find in less than three weeks. not too bothered by it, but if there's a strike any where near the p50 estimates of 30-40m barrels... i think i'd be forced to have a drink or two.

-j

..in saying that, only 150m to target depth and no oil shows. at least we should know what the story is come monday.

Smile

They are just above the main interest in the well ...

Making good time in the drilling by the looks .

This area is very prospective and we have a best chance by the limited info of having a result . It looks better than indicated . Results of close near wells bode well here .

from the sydney morning sun herald - with thanks to patpat on another forum

Among brokers, Oil Search is the standout stock with nine buy recommendations, compared with three for Woodside (nine say it's a hold or sell) and seven for Australian Worldwide Exploration.

And that's more because of its huge reserves in Papua New Guinea of gas, an alternative to oil.

Well-regarded middle-sized oil explorers include Roc Oil with seven out of nine brokers covering the stock calling it a buy and the other two a hold; and Beach Petroleum which also has extensive gas interests and has six buys out of six broker recommendations. Although the oil price has become a speculative bubble, the same can't be said for speculative stocks.

The prices of many of the smaller oil explorers have barely budged from a year ago.

Partly because the bigger producers are such a sure thing that there's no need to take extra risk in a volatile sharemarket to start with, analysts tend to give the oil speculators short shrift.

There's also a bit of science and a lot of luck involved.

"You have to look at the fundamentals such as their drilling prospects and the size of their reserves," said Valibhoy.

Still, two stocks that he says pass the test are Cue Energy and New Zealand Oil and Gas which have already started drilling.

I think it maybe time we all discussed this stock as it is going to be activated in 4 weeks . I want info on Singapore Petroleum if anyone knows ???????????????????????????????

What effect can we have from the Maari development ?

And Zeus , what part are the gods going to play .... MEO has certainly done its bit . CUE announcement today on Zeus comfirms everything .

One analyst says that 3P reserves are undervalued big time ..... I would like someone to do the number crunch on this oiler please...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ELYOB View Post
    I think it maybe time we all discussed this stock as it is going to be activated in 4 weeks . I want info on Singapore Petroleum if anyone knows ???????????????????????????????

What effect can we have from the Maari development ?

And Zeus , what part are the gods going to play .... MEO has certainly done its bit . CUE announcement today on Zeus comfirms everything .

One analyst says that 3P reserves are undervalued big time ..... I would like someone to do the number crunch on this oiler please...
    My friend Paul has done a valuation on them and now they are back to 22.5 cents, they are trading at nearly a 100% discount on his numbers.

So yes I added them to my oil stocks, when this claytons bubble unfolds

CUE are expecting to produce 900,000 bbloe in 2009 , and theres the gas starting up strongly in the period is on top of this .