sharetrader
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Seems everyone wants a piece of the Trust Company (TRU). Consolidation in the industry seems to be riped, with IFL the predator in most recent transactions.

PPT, IFL and EQT are currently fighting for TRU. I am keen to know which coy is next on the radar with you pointing out about AEF and possibly EQT.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Seems everyone wants a piece of the Trust Company (TRU). Consolidation in the industry seems to be riped, with IFL the predator in most recent transactions.

PPT, IFL and EQT are currently fighting for TRU. I am keen to know which coy is next on the radar with you pointing out about AEF and possibly EQT.
    soulman, I've been in both TRU and EQT since the initial bid. With IFL now picking up that 13% stake in EQT you would have to think it will fall to IFL in the next 12-18 months. I increased my holding in EQT yesterday

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    soulman, I've been in both TRU and EQT since the initial bid. With IFL now picking up that 13% stake in EQT you would have to think it will fall to IFL in the next 12-18 months. I increased my holding in EQT yesterday
    Well timed sir. So since Feb 21st.

TRU was a bargain at the first bid and now the heavies are fighting alongside EQT. Surprised that AMP is not in the picture. Maybe now the valuation for TRU is a bit too rich but I reckon they can get richer because of egos.

I try to get some EQT for their div a few weeks back but missed it. These illiquid stocks are hard to get unless you chase them or got lucky someone filled your open buy order.

Thanks for all those shares you listed. What do you think of this newly formed company HUB.

Westpac/ BTT still selling down FPS

Substantial overhang (2.4m shares) to churn through - although they don't seem keen to sell below $1
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve fleming View Post
    Westpac/ BTT still selling down FPS

Substantial overhang (2.4m shares) to churn through - although they don't seem keen to sell below $1
    Yeah they have been a capper for a few months now. FPS won't go far until someone takes that stock off their hands.

On the plus side, PFG chart is moving up and has made 52 week highs

Yeah they have been a capper for a few months now. FPS won't go far until someone takes that stock off their hands.
    Another 1% let go over the last week or so

AEF – Underlying EPS were 164cps of which over two thirds was earned in the second half as markets improved and cost costing initiatives kicked in.

The difference in reported earnings and underlying primarily relates to a negative revaluation of their property in Canberra, which is being held for sale.

Market Cap is $24m with no debt, almost $4m in cash with a $2m property up for sale. The proceeds of the property may be returned to shareholders.

FY14 EPS could easily come in at better than 230cps (that is simply from annualising H2 13 EPS). So at $24.00 the shares are potentially trading at less than 11x FY14.
    Nice guidance from AEF. Profit will more than double this year. Underlying EPS for FY14 will probably be in the order of 250cps so it's trading at around 10x FY14. Yield is also over 7.5% FF.

FY14 will most likely be a record profit year for AEF yet the shares trade at less than half their heady 2007 level

Yep, have plenty of AEF, keen on more at under $25.

If only the directors and former directors would stop fighting each other and concentrate on the damn business...
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

FPS had a very strong quarterly - they had no requirement to release a 4c, but thought that the cash flow information was such that it was market sensitive

A bit of a break-out happening, as the big sellers seem to be taking a break for the time being.

Plenty of FPS too. You don't need Xero to be having a good month lol.

FPS has much further to go.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----