sharetrader
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    Mark, what is your takes on the market in the next upcoming reporting season. Bullish or bearish? Also, are you cashed up or mostly invested?

Keen to know your view.
    Hi soulman, I am around 80% invested which is pretty high for me as I usually like to keep a bit of cash for opportunities, placements etc.

I'm very conscious that the market (US in particular) is ripe for a correction but the same time I feel the companies I am holding should all report pretty good interim results. I have no mining or mining services exposure and as usual a pretty high financial weighting.

In the event of a correction I see it as an opportunity. I think the Australian market will have another positive year a lot of money is only just coming back to the market for the first time since the GFC

Been buying a few KAM.

FUM has gone up from $742.5m (1 July 2013) to $873.2m as at 1 January 2014. Not too shabby at all.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    Hi soulman, I am around 80% invested which is pretty high for me as I usually like to keep a bit of cash for opportunities, placements etc.

I'm very conscious that the market (US in particular) is ripe for a correction but the same time I feel the companies I am holding should all report pretty good interim results. I have no mining or mining services exposure and as usual a pretty high financial weighting.

In the event of a correction I see it as an opportunity. I think the Australian market will have another positive year a lot of money is only just coming back to the market for the first time since the GFC
    Thanks Mark for your valuable insight. Mining services coy are definitely to avoid.

The upcoming reporting season will paint a clearer picture for all of us.

Dividends will be the theme again IMO.

AFV - Market Cap $7.5m, $2.5m net cash. OCF for 6 months to 31 Dec of $0.55m. FUM $620m up from $480m 6 months ago.

Very illiquid. I've held since low 30s. KBC has been increasing its stake

Smile

An excellent half yearly reported by CAM.

6c is quite a handy interim dividend

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=401672

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    An excellent half yearly reported by CAM.

6c is quite a handy interim dividend

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=401672
    You meant KAM? Yeah that day it got shot down to 73 cents, I was looking at getting more but did not pull the trigger.

Very good result. But those performance fees are quite big. Is it sustainable?

Anyway, dividends are big and no debt. Fit my investment criteria any day. Going ex-dividend of 6 cents this coming Monday.

Yeah, don't know why I said CAM....it's KAM.

Big performance fees, and quite likely not to be repeated half after half, but still, 6c on an 80c share price is not to be sneezed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    Yeah, don't know why I said CAM....it's KAM.

Big performance fees, and quite likely not to be repeated half after half, but still, 6c on an 80c share price is not to be sneezed at.
    Yeah nice result. I had a few and sold at 82c mainly because 80% of revenue was performance fees. KAM has a history of having big halves followed by very small halves! Maybe I've sold a bit early but I always think with KAM you'll get another go it you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by mark100 View Post
    Yeah nice result. I had a few and sold at 82c mainly because 80% of revenue was performance fees. KAM has a history of having big halves followed by very small halves! Maybe I've sold a bit early but I always think with KAM you'll get another go it you wait.
    Does the same rule apply to hfa? Their upgrade is due to perf fees.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Does the same rule apply to hfa? Their upgrade is due to perf fees.
    From the FY13 report... "Performance fee revenue is also higher this year at $1.295 million (2012: $0.245 million) reflecting the improved global equity markets and stronger investment performance of the Lighthouse funds this year. "

NPBT for FY13 was $5,568mil.

Forcasted 1H14 NPat is $6.4mill (I don't think they pay tax)

So performance fees look like they will be large in 1H14.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR