sharetrader
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Veteran novice

Some good news for MCR holders today with the company reporting a new potential high grade nickel discovery.
    SP responded by increasing 24%!

Disc: Holding MCR.

There guys openly admit they're elephant hunting.

Good luck to them I say.

Veteran novice

Holders of MCR will have noticed that the SP has more than doubled in the last 3 months following MCR's disclosure that it's cash positive, despite low nickel prices.
    Another Ni stock, PAN, has performed similarly and yesterday announced promising new drilling at their Savannah deposits. Both stocks doing better than the market today.

Default mcr

maybe the rise in price in the lme price rising and the stock falling as china is buying nickel and other metals rather than us dollars

Spot on Ryan.

Mineral, argicultural commodities, precious metals and energy are what the world is looking to more and more instead of US dollars.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Holders of MCR will have noticed that the SP has more than doubled in the last 3 months following MCR's disclosure that it's cash positive, despite low nickel prices.
    Another Ni stock, PAN, has performed similarly and yesterday announced promising new drilling at their Savannah deposits. Both stocks doing better than the market today.

I'm enjoying the ride back up the hill but still have a long way to go to reach the dizzy heights at which I first bought into the company. (Don't tell Phaedrus but I bought and held! "But Daddy, I have learnt my lesson and won't do it again!")
    Tried to get some more today, on the dips, but my bid of 160 was not enough.

Advanced Member

Default MCR Chart

You're a good boy, Colin. Any father would be proud of you. To our detriment, we have all done the "buy and hold" thing on falling stocks. If you can recognise a mistake, admit it, learn from the experience and not repeat it, you are in fact better off for having blundered. It's called experience!

The attached chart nicely illustrates some very basic TA principles. When a stock is not trending (up OR down) many indicators give a string of useless and contradictory signals that should, of course, be ignored.

The "Trend Ribbon" in the chart applies to shareprice trends as well as OBV trends. Either way, it gives us a clear indication of when to ignore the multitudinous signals that can be generated when a stock is trendless. Look at the DMI pre April 2006, for example!

Here we have a raft of very different indicators all firing very close to each other and generating excellent Buy/Sell signals.

This post was written from the perspective of a long-term trend-follower. If you wanted to trade the $2.60 - $5 consolidation range you would use an entirely different set of indicators.

Advanced Member

Phaedrus (Daddy) thank you for your infinite patience with your sometimes trying children on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    Spot on Ryan.

Mineral, argicultural commodities, precious metals and energy are what the world is looking to more and more instead of US dollars.
    Hi Huang Chung and MacDuffy.
    Do you fellas have any thoughts on how sustainable this demand will be?

That graph brings back good memories!