sharetrader
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast
    Veteran novice

MCR's quarterly report.

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20110728/pd...qtn86kmh0z.pdf

Expecting a net loss after tax, including writedowns, of approx $23.4m

Veteran novice

Mincor have responded with a "know nothing" to the ASX asking if there is a reason for the SP to fall from $1.21 on 13 Nov to 94c yesterday.
    My guess is that the AGM on 14 Nov was insufficiently upbeat to sustain earlier SP rises and prompted profit-taking - incidentally, "profit-taking" is a phrase that gets thrown around a lot these days, but may be appropriate here.

Other theories, if anyone is interested, would be welcome.

Agree with the profit taking - could be minimising loss taking too !

No I don't hold -

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Agree with the profit taking - could be minimising loss taking too !

No I don't hold -
    Could just be,

'''''''''''''''''''''''
    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QovBLFZhQME

Veteran novice

MCR in a trading halt pending "an announcement by the company"

Looks like news was leaked this morning. Trading halt pending the announcement of drilling results. Given SP was up strong on volume....could be positive drill results. Unusual to go into a TH re drill results re MCR.

I have built up a large holding in MCR.....largest position in my portfolio. Ni stockpiles are historically high on LME but china stockpiles of ore are down. Price of phillipines ore is up...dividend yield is good....profitable at these levels....cash in bank....

gaz

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by gazprom1 View Post
    Looks like news was leaked this morning. Trading halt pending the announcement of drilling results. Given SP was up strong on volume....could be positive drill results. Unusual to go into a TH re drill results re MCR.

I have built up a large holding in MCR.....largest position in my portfolio. Ni stockpiles are historically high on LME but china stockpiles of ore are down. Price of phillipines ore is up...dividend yield is good....profitable at these levels....cash in bank....

gaz
    Yes, an interesting proposition, gaz. I have a small holding but consider MCR to be the most likely of the Aussie Ni miners. And a well-run company.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, an interesting proposition, gaz. I have a small holding but consider MCR to be the most likely of the Aussie Ni miners. And a well-run company.

Nice high grade announcement. Just need a rebound in prices to see this heading towards $1

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post

Great drill results. Better than that really. IMHO one of the biggest impediments to MCR increasing its SP has been the limited reserves. This announcement together, i hope, with further news shortly should take this away and the shares should be re+rated accordingly. MCR is profitable at the current price of Ni.

However, the shares were trading at 57 cents this week and are currently 68.5 cents so i am not complaining.

Looking forward to further results and reserves upgrades.

gaz

They have oodles of reserves, they just don't produce enough.
    They have more reserves than PAN but produce only about 60% as much from memory.
    Considering how nickel has been trading that lift in the SP is a great result!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.