sharetrader
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    SMY and MCR are $1 apart, yet both are producing roughly the same Ni and both nearly have the same profit and cash in hand.

It must be the Deacon discovery by SMY that value SMY more highly.
    Quiet possibly.However market seems not have taken account of its acquisition of "Bluebush Line" off BHP Bilton (their offtake partner)and the potential of such an outstanding highly prospective near surface sulphide deposit stretching over 40 kms(MCR media release 20/11/07).I expect there will be major fun and games should BHP's bid for RIO fail.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    SMY and MCR are $1 apart, yet both are producing roughly the same Ni and both nearly have the same profit and cash in hand.

It must be the Deacon discovery by SMY that value SMY more highly.
    Hmm, how many mines does SMY have ?

How many do MCR have.?

Sallay Malay have from memory 1% Cu with their nickel at Sally Malay.

Sallay Malay costs are ? compared to MCR.

Sallay Malay have how many shares compared to MCR.

U can not compare apples to apples in this scenaro.

In the big picture look at WSA

Quote Originally Posted by tricha View Post

In the big picture look at WSA
    Good to see you're still keeping an eye on the Aussie miners Tricha (and not just the black goop and Li

Totally agree that WSA is the place to be looking if you've got nickel on your mind.
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 23-02-2008 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    Good to see you're still keeping an eye on the Aussie miners Tricha (and not just the black goop and Li

Totally agree that WSA is the place to be looking if you've got nickel on your mind.
    Thanks for that Tricha and Huang I've looked at WSA and their nickel looks good for the future(low cost production and ramp up) but i am going to stick with MCR.I like management and their team."Bluebush line" is attractive prospect(relatively unexplored massive potential). Considering their history they can bring projects on line quickly and efficiently(though in the case nickel at a greater cost than WSA nickel).Certainly WSA could well be better when they are producing nickel up to target and start to pay dividends and they do have higher grades.But by the time they pay their first dividend in 1st quater 2009 (all going to plan) MCR wiil have already paid 2 divs.Both companies are also busy drilling so may well see some more exciting results from one or both them in the future but yes WSA do look good

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Thanks for that Tricha and Huang I've looked at WSA and their nickel looks good for the future(low cost production and ramp up) but i am going to stick with MCR.I like management and their team."Bluebush line" is attractive prospect(relatively unexplored massive potential). Considering their history they can bring projects on line quickly and efficiently(though in the case nickel at a greater cost than WSA nickel).Certainly WSA could well be better when they are producing nickel up to target and start to pay dividends and they do have higher grades.But by the time they pay their first dividend in 1st quater 2009 (all going to plan) MCR wiil have already paid 2 divs.Both companies are also busy drilling so may well see some more exciting results from one or both them in the future but yes WSA do look good
    G'day Stevo.....I've nothing against MCR or SMY, and have held both of these stocks in the past (as well as WSA). I'm sure you will do well with MCR, and yes, management does seem very astute.
    Last edited by Huang Chung; 24-02-2008 at 12:17 AM.

Default MCR and WSA

Hi folks

Based on recent comments on this thread I have had a preliminary look at WSA and must say that it looks pretty interesting and tempting

I am overweight in MCR so would consider a reduction there to take up another Nickel stock if I can find one (but it would have to be pretty good to pursuade me to reduce MCR which , in my opinion, is an absolute choice company, one of the best)

On the other hand I maybe look at some other sell down to allow a take up of WSA, as although I am overweight MCR I am really loathe to sell a top performing stock

Apologies for the change of heart, was thinking as I wrote the above

Thanks for the pointer to WSA anyway

All the best
    Time is the great revealer

Smile

Nickel over 30000 US pesos must be good for all nickel produecers.MCR 's latest production profit and outlook ann is worth veiwing.

Default Well Worth A Listen

If you want to hear a top class audio presentation I suggest you listen to:

http://www.brr.com.au/event/41510

Well woth it in my opinion
    Time is the great revealer

Advanced Member

SMY went up big yesterday and MCR today went up OK in big volume. T/O speculation or just nickel price. All other Ni are doing well as well like WSA and IGO.

I'll take another stab at it. Proceeds from JBM T/O are going back into other Ni miners.

Default nickel and more nickel

MCR has announced a 42% NI rescource increase at Durkin Deeps (19/3/08).And now today using historic drilling data (from WMC Rescources LTD) from 51 holes has idenified inferred 20800 ton nickel sulphide deposit at less than 300mts below surface(shallowest unexploited deposit currently known in Kambalda District).This shows the unexploited value in the 40km long Bluebush line.I dont know what it will take for the market to get excited with MCR even with NI at currently $US 28000/t plus with the prospects at Bluebush sp seems way to cheap to me at currently eps 48.6cps and pe 5.7.