sharetrader

That'll leave me with 300-odd shares..........Would have been nice if a parcel offered that would result in less than say 500 or 1,000 shares after scaling meant they would have to take them all (I know that's not how scaling works).
    In the past I've been in companies where this happens (low residual amount of shares) and after a while they make an offer to the smaller shareholders to purchase any shareholding less than a certain value without brokerage to save themselves the cost of servicing such small holdings.
    Perhaps this will eventually happen with NZO.
    Or not and they'll push on with the exploration, strike it big and I'll be happy to still have those 300-odd shares!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    That'll leave me with 300-odd shares..........Would have been nice if a parcel offered that would result in less than say 500 or 1,000 shares after scaling meant they would have to take them all (I know that's not how scaling works).
    In the past I've been in companies where this happens (low residual amount of shares) and after a while they make an offer to the smaller shareholders to purchase any shareholding less than a certain value without brokerage to save themselves the cost of servicing such small holdings.
    Perhaps this will eventually happen with NZO.
    Or not and they'll push on with the exploration, strike it big and I'll be happy to still have those 300-odd shares!
    I can see this happening as they would not have to pay brokerage if they did it inhouse.
    Unfortunately I will still have a big holding after scaling and suspect the sp will drop.
    Still will be happy to be largely cashed up on nzo
    I wonder if digger sold any?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    Or buy a bunch on market at 69 cents, join the exploration fun and thank Ofer for the 5 cents change

I still have more NZO shares in my own name. Have been burnt enough with this share over the last few years to not be in any hurry to buy more.....

As I recall, digger wasn't selling to the TO offer and said he'd buy more if the price dropped (Have I got that right, digger??)
    I suspect the SP will rise tomorrow or Monday, as people with new cash think it's not a bad deal.
    But of course, I could be wrong.
    I sold none and am hoping for success in the Canterbury Basin. I may buy more if the price drops.
    Cheers all, Lion.

Advanced Member

No doubt you will be keeping a close eye on future events and oil price like me with great interest.
    I have doubts if the sp will drop too much more but if so I do like buying cheap shares with potential.
    My guess is the institutions who can sell with unwanted shares left on their hands may drop the sp for a while

Guru

That's strange, went onto the Computershare website today to have a look at my partner's holding and it is still the same as always. She accepted the offer. Has it not gone through yet? I thought today was payment day but the unconditional status of the offer was a while ago?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    That's strange, went onto the Computershare website today to have a look at my partner's holding and it is still the same as always. She accepted the offer. Has it not gone through yet? I thought today was payment day but the unconditional status of the offer was a while ago?
    From 11/1/2018 announcement
    Payment and acquisition of shares will occur on or before Friday, 19 January 2018 in accordance with the Takeovers Code.

Guru

Someone just bought 1,290,184 shares in a single trade this morning.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    From 11/1/2018 announcement
    Payment and acquisition of shares will occur on or before Friday, 19 January 2018 in accordance with the Takeovers Code.
    Thanks Freddagg, so still today to wait out. Cheers.