sharetrader
Page 1788 of 1788 FirstFirst ... 788128816881738177817841785178617871788
Results 17,871 to 17,880 of 17880

What I mean is an official delisting from the NZX and shifting too ASX permanently.

Should be a simple exercise as the ASX side is already set up.
    Last edited by Toddy; 17-03-2024 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    It will probably more than likely turn out to be a good thing. Just another reason to simplify the registry and move off the NZX.

Anyone think of a reason why NZO still needs to trade on NZX?
    makes sense to only be on one exchange ..that and a change of name with it ..if they plan to keep trading going forward
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Another week has gone by. It's a slow burner waiting for any long term suffering disgruntled shareholders to show their hands and put some decent volumes on the offer.

At what price (ROI) does the definition of 'long term suffering disgruntled shareholders' becomes happy shareholders.

This definition surely belongs to a raft of other NZX stocks that are way more qualified at losing shareholders money with negative outlooks and crap balance sheets.

Toddy it was surprising how much a dividend stimulated activity in a stagnant CUE. All NZO seems to be getting at this point is CUE's payment. I think CUE will now pay a regular div the way I read it, so you might see some interest around actual cash flowing through NZO, but I suspect you need the Triangle drill done before you look at NZO from a cash flow point of view on it's own. I bet long term holders see little point in selling at todays levels.

If CUE sold that would make things interesting.

8% div just on CUE's first payment with the expectation of regular divs from CUE in the future. Add on anything NZO might start to pay and you could be looking well north in the near future.

The neighbour at Perth Basin had positive drill results yesterday.

Adds to the anticipation.

Advanced Member
    Last edited by RTM; Yesterday at 10:28 AM. Reason: wrong link

Guru

Ex dividend yesterday. Price reacts accordingly.

I did note CUE paid out $14m, and even after this, market cap is $17.5m more than what it was prior.

The power of cashflow.....

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    You only BUY NZO or CUE if you have nil interest in seeing any return for many many years and invest for the pure hope to be T/O for a few more peanuts that present price ... worse investment in the sector Vs assets and potential .. they simply don't seem to care for the SP or happy S/H's ,,, Mgmt just working for a wage to their master OGOG.. many of the board OGOG staff don't even take a wage at the likes of CUE...

And I think when you look at the great assets OGOG holds .. NZO/CUE is purely a minor forgotten asset ...You could say bit like a US billionaire with Queenstown property they sometimes use .. is just an asset stays empty 99% of time .. they could Airbnb out etc but its just such a minor interests they can't be bothered...
    Oh how time flys.
    In reply to the above post I promised that I would report back in a years time. Well, the year is up.

It's still early days. But I can report that I have easily covered my cost of funding and are looking forward to another year holding NZO.
    Dividend of 3.3 cents on average buy in price of 38 cents.
    Mtm is 4 cents.

Sure there are better stocks. But I'm happy with how things are tracking and confident about the future.

I'm pretty sure he was trying to buy NZO on the ASX recently Toddy. If we get another two CUE divs over the next 12 months around 1 cent each the return is starting to look pretty good.