sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    [while we waite for these documents, what happens if in the likely case they dont't get to the percentage targeted????
    That is a really good question and even though the directors are saying we accept, there is a good enough possibility that they do not get the percentage target for a variety of reasons. (unless Zeta are selling into it) So what is the scenario then? Do they/Zeta just walk away? Does Zeta come in with another offer, does Ofer come in with another offer. The SP may well drop in the mean time? So many possibilities, its interesting watching it play out that is for sure.

Well, here's my guess about what Zeta will do . . . I think they will take the money and run - i.e. take 78c from OGOG. As I see them, they only want a quick profit, with little thought for the long term of NZOG.
    So if they and H&G sell into the Ofer offer, that makes a lot of acceptances. Not sure of the numbers without looking them up, is it 23% + 6%?
    So OGOG would only need another 21% approx to get over the 50% mark - so their bid would succeed. I think this may well happen.

But it's all guesswork - like forming the NZ government!

I plan to sell half my NZOG holding incidentally. (a bob each way, for those old enough to remember that phrase)

Also what a lot of nonsense [ Pages of it ] the real offer is 67% odd Shares @ 74 cents.
    The 4 cents div. has nothing to do with the offer, the way i see it???
    All this B/S how wonderful an offer this is when at the same time we get told about the bright future nzo is suppose to have.
    What with a rise in oil prices near { Saudis whinging } and certainly a promising future for environment friendly gas.

Quote Originally Posted by fabs View Post
    ........and certainly a promising future for environment friendly gas.
    Indeed if the NZOG prospect was in the Thames Estuary off Long Island or near the mouth of the Rhine the world would be beating a path to their door. However a frontier prospect on the far side of the world with an operator with a mixed exploration history is a different matter.

I find the Tora prospect in the Great South Basin more interesting because NZOG's partner in this is Woodside an experienced offshore explorer and developer. Woodside wanting to progress this prospect would give credibility to the chances of the exploration being successful.

I fear however Woodside will be more inclined to direct exploration efforts toward their acreage in Myanmar.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS. To give you an idea of the scale of a successful development Woodside claim to have spent $34 billion developing their North West Shelf field.
    Last edited by Marilyn Munroe; 17-10-2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: spelling
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

why the 4 cps drop? it is billed as a 0.7% rise. poor ol' scamper has missed something...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by scamper View Post
    why the 4 cps drop? it is billed as a 0.7% rise. poor ol' scamper has missed something...
    Yes...this drives me crazy to. Ex the 4 cent dividend is the reason I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes...this drives me crazy to. Ex the 4 cent dividend is the reason I think.
    yes gone ex today. payable in a couple of weeks
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I accepted offer so will I get the divi ?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yes gone ex today. payable in a couple of weeks
    On the NZO web page it says XD or CD. CD it shows first and that means come dividend. And XD which it is now showing means Past dividend. So if you buy today you do not get the dividend. simple as that.
    digger

Advanced Member

Hi Digger-this is wrong thread but related.
    Zeta are going to court on Monday to get their takeover ppp approved-if you want to object get your affadavit sent today.
    If you do nothing you will get Zeta shares-Chris from asb securities has looked at it and NZ shareholders do not get their Zeta shares sold for them-I dont know about you but on face value this looks a better deal.