sharetrader

https://www.strategic-culture.org/.....seize-control-..

This Scenario & recent arms deal with DONALD worth some 200 Bil. $s plus ARMS DEAL, for such an Adventure as above, may not auger well for oil prices staying low???
    As so often discussed on this forum successive nzog managements over nearly the last 10 years have been nothing but useless.
    But laughing all the way to the bank.
    Cheers
    Last edited by fabs; 11-11-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    I do not buy into the arguement that if OG gets the holding they are after the SP will fall afterwards.It is certainly what OG is putting out but not what I am accepting. I got a phone call to that effect from the company and an offer to receive one from OG which I said no not bother as I will be making up my own mind and not following the company line on where value lies.
    The canterbury hydrocarbons have been studied by the company now for more than a decade and i believe they now have as good an idea of the possible success as is possible to accumulate. This I feel is what OG is after. Sell and you might miss out on the drill of the century.

In the meantime if the SP does fall I will be buying more.
    That gives a little insight into tactics being used.
    Clearly if OG are trying to talk to big shareholders they have not got an assurance from Zeta that they will sell into the offer

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    I do not buy into the arguement that if OG gets the holding they are after the SP will fall afterwards.
    Yes, that is pure speculation and should not factor into the decision-making process of a serious investor. If anybody buys into the strategy that they should sell today at 74 cents, hoping the SP will drop back down to 62 cents so they can buy back in (and make a quick buck in the process), they deserve below average results long term.

Though speculation is not immoral, neither is it wallet-fattening.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yes, that is pure speculation and should not factor into the decision-making process of a serious investor. If anybody buys into the strategy that they should sell today at 74 cents, hoping the SP will drop back down to 62 cents so they can buy back in (and make a quick buck in the process), they deserve below average results long term.

Though speculation is not immoral, neither is it wallet-fattening.
    Zeta are accepting the deal so going ahead.
    I think I will probably accept but may be subject to scaling if over 70% accept

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Zeta are accepting the deal so going ahead.
    I think I will probably accept but may be subject to scaling if over 70% accept
    I wonder with the new govt etc, will the OIO throw a spanner in the works? Or do posters think this is a fait accompli?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    I wonder with the new govt etc, will the OIO throw a spanner in the works? Or do posters think this is a fait accompli?
    I don't know about OIO but given the carelessness with which associated company Pike River mined the Brunner Seam it would be prudent for safety and environmental regulators to scrutinise any drilling carefully.

The usual environmentalists will kick up a fuss. It would be, ahem, unfortunate if Russell Norman of Greenpeace began paddling a kayak out to the rig to wave a protest banner just as a southerly front rounded Nugget Point and started heading up the coast.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

National and NZ First may vote together to allow the drilling of Barque because of its multi billion regional development potential. NZ First are not greenies. I will not sell. The coy has
    massive potential and a lot of cash. The 70% offer should not be allowed. It should be 100%.
    OG are getting a free hit.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by WAIKEN View Post
    National and NZ First may vote together to allow the drilling of Barque because of its multi billion regional development potential. NZ First are not greenies. I will not sell. The coy has
    massive potential and a lot of cash. The 70% offer should not be allowed. It should be 100%.
    OG are getting a free hit.
    I dont think it needs a vote to go ahead

Not that this will make much difference in the bigger scheme, but I have changed my mind and am selling none of my shares into the OG offer.
    I had thought I'd sell half and keep half, but have now ripped up my acceptance form.
    I'm in for the "drill of the century" with you, digger.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    Not that this will make much difference in the bigger scheme, but I have changed my mind and am selling none of my shares into the OG offer.
    I had thought I'd sell half and keep half, but have now ripped up my acceptance form.
    I'm in for the "drill of the century" with you, digger.
    Hope you are doing this for the right reasons.If it all turns to s--t do not ring me. What is your risk profile? Like a punt. Remember it could well be sub economic with the following SP heading south. Or it could be the biggest find in NZ history,in which case we will have to get together and have a drink. But in the meantime ------
    Do I need to say it I will not be interested selling into the offer
    digger